Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.suzuki-forums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=89539&stc=1&d=1545596103 2012 SX4
On the knee panel of my dash, to the left of the steering column and below the air vent is a switch cutout with a fog light switch, a blank space, and a toggle switch with a red jewel light(?) above it. The light never comes on and as far as I can tell this switch does nothing. Should I expect it to do something, and if so, what?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
17,646 Posts
It looks like my OE Factory alarm Valet switch and system indicator light combo. :)

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
wire it up to a passenger side ejection seat then take the wife for a drive.....:p

have you actually pulled it out and traced where it goes? or if there are even wires attached to it?

·
Registered
835 Posts
Max..one of your switches (obviously on your GranVitara) looks very similar to the one mikebravo is questioning...can you identify ?
But I went through my complete2011 user manual and they only identify the fog lamp switch. I think the other 2 blanks are leftovers from former models...I think the 2007-2009 models had the dash illumination conttrol on the right position of that cluster..in place of your mystery switch.....it is now controlled with the idiot matchstick buttons we have in the middle of the I/P
...so your extra switch is surely a add-on from the previous owner...

·
Registered
835 Posts
I did in my first response, post #3 with... ;)
Yeah MAx..you're right..sorry..I was confused by the picture being from another model and kept my attention on that....tunnel vision.
BUt by the way...I'm trying to figure out what "OE" means..... Original Equipment? Operation Error? Outofthisworld Extraterrestrial?...found OE for car alarm on Alibaba, , LG washing machine...but no explicit OE meaning....

·
Registered
835 Posts
This shows the switch (as part of the alarm package) in question... :)....
Excellent..It cannot be more explicit....:cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Max. Right now it is cold outside but when it warms up I will go out and see if it is even connected. Can't tell if it is in any way functional but will try to read up on the part number shown in your picture and disconnect it if possible. Don't want to have something I don't need go wrong.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts