Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, im looking for the name of the part connecting the driveshaft to the transfer case (the driveshaft between the gearbox and the transfer case).
The one in my 1994 sierra has completely worn down, and makes a loud clunking noise when pressing on/releasing the accelerator because it is a little loose from the wear, and im looking to replace it, so if anyone could also give me an estimate as to cost, that would be great too :D

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Hi, im looking for the name of the part connecting the driveshaft to the transfer case (the driveshaft between the gearbox and the transfer case).
The one in my 1994 sierra has completely worn down, and makes a loud clunking noise when pressing on/releasing the accelerator because it is a little loose from the wear, and im looking to replace it, so if anyone could also give me an estimate as to cost, that would be great too :D
Are you talking about the Universal Joint (U-joint)? That is the part that allows movement...

Here is an article I did awhile back about changing out that exact piece.
U-Joint Rebuild

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats perfect, thank you so much! that article describes wat my car is doing perfectly... guess im lucky enough that i saw wat was wrong, jst didnt know wat the part was called... thanks again :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts