1,360 Posts
What other parts broke ?

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
exist3nce said:
What other parts broke ?
A different part of the mount. But again, this was with the stiffest compound and my car was under a very heavy load. I had 8+ people in it (lmao) and trying to go up a very very steep hill which right behind me was traffic so I gunned it and dropped the clutch and it broke.

·
Registered
176 Posts
kinkyllama said:
A different part of the mount. But again, this was with the stiffest compound and my car was under a very heavy load. I had 8+ people in it (lmao) and trying to go up a very very steep hill which right behind me was traffic so I gunned it and dropped the clutch and it broke.
lmao. niiiice kinky. :p

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
bad news...

Well I dont know whats going on with the headers or half my other parts. They were supposed to be dyno'd over a week ago and I haven't been able to get ahold of the guy. He wasn't flakly and was very reliable so hopfully nothing bad has happened. I'll keep you guys updated...if I dont hear from him by the end of the month I'll have someone else do the work.

·
Registered
176 Posts
kinkyllama said:
Well I dont know whats going on with the headers or half my other parts. They were supposed to be dyno'd over a week ago and I haven't been able to get ahold of the guy. He wasn't flakly and was very reliable so hopfully nothing bad has happened. I'll keep you guys updated...if I dont hear from him by the end of the month I'll have someone else do the work.
hopefully its nothin bad. espesh since he's been helpin you out with this stuff. plus i know we're all lookin forward to this.

if you go to someone else, does that mean the process of makin these parts starts all over again? or is this just the dude that was gonna help you out with makin everything right via dyno?

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
bentegrity said:
hopefully its nothin bad. espesh since he's been helpin you out with this stuff. plus i know we're all lookin forward to this.

if you go to someone else, does that mean the process of makin these parts starts all over again? or is this just the dude that was gonna help you out with makin everything right via dyno?
Yeah...he was gonna do all of it for me.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hopefully things will work out. Just wondering, will these fit the Reno as well? I know the two are bascially the same platform, but will they work on a Reno? I'd love to get that catback.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
darkpoet25 said:
Hopefully things will work out. Just wondering, will these fit the Reno as well? I know the two are bascially the same platform, but will they work on a Reno? I'd love to get that catback.
Headers? They should fit both cars. Catback? It'll be close but maybe maybe not.

I dont know whats going on with these...Still can't get ahold of my guy. I'll be starting over with someone else if I can find someone I trust at the end of next week.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Danny, how much would the SMT6 or SMT7 go for? I think i'll probably get that sometime and then ill get the BBK
SMT7 retail is $569 and SMT6 retail is $408. My pricing is less though (shhh). I just charged someone $515 shipped for the SMT7, if you could order it within a week of him then I could do it for $480 shipped. I'm not sure when he's going to send payment but he already had me request it through paypal.

The SMT7 advantages over the SMT6 is mostly only beneficiary to forced induction motors so I recommend the SMT6 for you. Only thing is the SMT6 is group buy only while the SMT7 isn't. Group buys rarely work out well but I do have some hope for the SMT6 as there are allot of people claiming they would be in on a group buy for it, plus I’d like want. If no one else does group buy then it’s going to be retail ($408), two people $387.50, three people $360, and four people would be $320. Plus shipping, which isn’t bad since it’s small and light.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hmm, so if i went for the SMT7 right now it'd be $480 Shipped, and if i got the SMT6 right now it'd be $408 shipped? To me it doesnt matter which one i get, im the kinda guy that would rather spend the extra and not have to upgrade it in the future, but that being said, i doubt ill be adding boost. Whichever you recommend just lemme know what the price is and then i'll sort out the rest.

Also just curious as to how much HP gain the SMT 6 or 7 would have??? And if you've sent out the UD pulley and Header

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Hmm, so if i went for the SMT7 right now it'd be $480 Shipped, and if i got the SMT6 right now it'd be $408 shipped? To me it doesnt matter which one i get, im the kinda guy that would rather spend the extra and not have to upgrade it in the future, but that being said, i doubt ill be adding boost. Whichever you recommend just lemme know what the price is and then i'll sort out the rest.

Also just curious as to how much HP gain the SMT 6 or 7 would have??? And if you've sent out the UD pulley and Header
Perfect Power SMT7 - Smart Tuner 7 Piggy Back System
Perfect Power - SMT6 Smart Tuner 6 Piggy Back System

Yes providing the other guy comes through with his SMT7 purchase. I recommend the SMT6 and yes it'd be $408usd but withOUT shipping. I just made a couple group buy posts so hopefully someone else jumps on it. The smt6 will work with boost if you ever do it, the SMT7 just has some extra features for boost.

Not sure really. I'm going to try to get my SMT7 wired up and mildly tuned asap but won't leave my car at the shop over night so it may not happen till I get my lanos running. Percision boost only got like 1whp with an SMT6 but he only had UD pulley and possibly SRI.

I'll finally be dropping the package off at the shipping place tonight, hopfully in time for it to go out tonight.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hmmm, so do you think its even worth getting? Or should i just get the BBK instead and wait abit

Hmm! I think i've stumbled across something. Which would you suggest Danny, SMT6 or Stiffened Motor mounts?

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Hmmm, so do you think its even worth getting? Or should i just get the BBK instead and wait abit

Hmm! I think i've stumbled across something. Which would you suggest Danny, SMT6 or Stiffened Motor mounts?
Oh...hmm... I'd wait and see what I get out of my N/A SMT7 first. It could be awhile so just send me an email every once in awhile if you don't hear from me or see a post on the forums.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
i dont think youd like stifened motor mounts there not really for everyday use. they can make the car shake a bit even at idle. i would do some other mods first. when you start to get some more hp maby try a universal engine damper and see how you like that. its the same idea and cheeper.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I think i'll probably get my alarm/ remote starter done first and after that maybe ill start with some cosmetics first and see how things go from their. Once kinky has got his SMT7 in and tuned up (if results are promising) ill get one then

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
i dont think youd like stifened motor mounts there not really for everyday use. they can make the car shake a bit even at idle. i would do some other mods first. when you start to get some more hp maby try a universal engine damper and see how you like that. its the same idea and cheeper.
It's not very bad...only thing I remember noticing with these motor mounts I have is more vibration at idle at a dead stop. It made a big difference on performance though. I couldn't change gears during hard braking or cornering before it. It also made shifting in a straight line more smooth.

61 - 80 of 97 Posts