Suzuki Forums banner

41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Dan84 said:
will it work with Syiths down pipe/ test pipe?
No, nearly all headers replace the first CAT (what Syiths down pipe does). These headers are no different.

Some quick details:

They will be coated in "black velvet" which helps keep heat it. It'll keep the engine bay cooler and help the exhaust flow faster.

It will include a new heat sheild stamped with an "S". Reason is b/c we could make the headers look pretty but within a month they'd look like crap.

It will include a warranty on all welds (5 years I think...)....which is amazing.

Price is looking to be in the mid 300's range....I looked at some honda headers and they're in the 400-550 range for good ones( but not crazy good ones, lol).

·
Registered
321 Posts
im in for that price range plz dont go changing it.
is the heat shield going to be pained also i would like it "balck" wit the S in the middle..........

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
tallkid said:
it'll have the spot for the 02 as well, right? if so, i'm interested...but have no money at this time.
Yep! Wouldn't want a CEL.

DeRoc23 said:
im in for that price range plz dont go changing it.
is the heat shield going to be pained also i would like it "balck" wit the S in the middle..........
I can't see the headers being more than 400 for any reason...and thats even if we make a huge turn around in the build for some strange reason.

I'll look into that, I was thinking about that too cuz I know on my car the silver would look like crap.

Danny

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm down to put in money too; I've been looking at local shops around here to make me some custom headers.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yes I'm back; they decided to rebuild the chasis.

So the car shakes a little bit while going over 100mph now.

nothing serious though.

and man; drunk for months sounds great.:)

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Syith said:
Hey Danny at one time did you not tell me its not worth making a performance header for the car? I have talked to many pepole that say the same thing.
Yeah I have said something like that. They'll have gains for sure, its just rather or not the gains will be worth it to some people. Either way headers replace the first cat like your test pipe, which has unbelievable gains.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
yeah i think id rather have the test pipe for 80 bucks than a header with the same gains for $500...but if it makes 15 or even 20, then i'd probably go for it just because i want as much NA power as possible

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
tag-ur-it said:
Anything on the cat-back?
That'll be awhile...headers will be first. Dyno should be at the end of next week for those. btw there will be a discount if you buy a full exhaust system.

tnastyII said:
are u talking about the downpipe tag?
huh?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
What is the latest on the motor mounts ?

41 - 60 of 97 Posts