Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes…finally headers, good cat-back, and test pipes will be available! The header prototype is almost done and will be dyno'd soon and run on two forenzas for a short while to make sure there aren't any obvious problems. The cat-back will be started soon after that, it will have a very unique design to help aid in performance that no other cat-back has before (I haven't seen/heard of any anyways). Also if we see gains there will be test pipes to complete a full exhaust system.

I’m probably going to put the first 5 of each on ebay only, while more are being made (I’m wanna get them out before anyone else but don’t wanna wait for 10-20 to be made before I start selling them).

Don’t really have any other details for you guys at the moment though. I just wanted to make a post incase anyone else gets something out there so you can all hold onto your money for the better stuff!


Cheers,
Danny

Oh ps...I've had stiffer motor mounts made for awhile but I haven't sold them b/c I was affriad since the mount was stiffer the rest needed to be upgraded as well...I finally found someone that can do the work and I'm hoping I'll have them for sale within 6 weeks. The first several sets will go on ebay only as well cuz with these its going to take awhile to make more cuz I have to order the supplys from far away.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,069 Posts
Dam Kinky your going all out. I will most probably pass on this seening that it is more than I want to do to my car. But I may be interested in the motor mounts depending if you need to stiffen up the rest of the car or not. If you need to then I will most probably pass.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
7-even said:
about how long do you think till youll be able to start selling either on ebay or the forum?
I'm not entirly sure actually. I've focused on talking about when I was getting mine to test rather than getting all of them to sell. As fast as the first test one was made I dont expect it to take all that long.


jurupa said:
Dam Kinky your going all out. I will most probably pass on this seening that it is more than I want to do to my car. But I may be interested in the motor mounts depending if you need to stiffen up the rest of the car or not. If you need to then I will most probably pass.
No need to stiffen up the rest of the car. You notice the motor mounts need stiffening when the rest of the cars really stiff... so I can't really say how much of a difference it'd make with stock other stuff.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
untainted said:
The headers would fit the Reno as well, correct?
I really dont see why not...but I will check first.


Loganator said:
I'd be interested if its a reasonable price, and quality, let me know when you get the whole thing done.
Price will be worth it...and a hell of allot cheaper than my other two sources...and still should be competitve but I still haven't worked out all those details.

Though I've just been told the headers will probably include a 5 year warranty on the welds and against cracks which I think is overboard.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
259 Posts
I might be interested in a cat-back, if the sound is right. That'll be the key for me -- it's got to be deep, mellow, and not raspy or loud. I've heard some WRX's lately that sound like pure sex... low, sexy, Barry White exhaust, that's what I'm looking for.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
schoolpsych said:
I might be interested in a cat-back, if the sound is right. That'll be the key for me -- it's got to be deep, mellow, and not raspy or loud. I've heard some WRX's lately that sound like pure sex... low, sexy, Barry White exhaust, that's what I'm looking for.
It's not possible to make our exhaust sound like the WRXs...they have boxer engines and a very unique sound. Not to mention the tubro deepens it, makes it pure, and takes away the raspyness.

But hey you can come here it on my car before you buy one since your local. Though our car seams to have the ability to get pretty deep and low, my exhaust has it really nice in some parts of the power band.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,284 Posts
i need to get my muffler remounted eventually anyways, but how much do you think the header is gonna cost? will there be a high-flow cat to go with it to create a full exhaust?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Zipper said:
What muffler are you using? I cant redo my Cat back due to the way the mufflers attacked (*They made sure its going no where unless inteded)



*AKA nice strong thick metal and big welds
It'll be a custom muffler. The whole cat-back exhaust is going to be a different design than a normal cat-back...It'll be very intresting to say the least. I'll just wait till ones made up before trying to explain anything then I'll take pictures.

tallkid said:
i need to get my muffler remounted eventually anyways, but how much do you think the header is gonna cost? will there be a high-flow cat to go with it to create a full exhaust?
No sure yet, but like I've said it'll be be stupid expensive.

There will be a test pipe available, it replaces the CAT completly. Headers replace the first CAT since it's in such a horrible place, so who knows if the car would pass emissions with headers and cat-back anyways. Sure can't test it on my car since its has so much into it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,209 Posts
I'll volonteer to test out the header, but I have a Cat Back already, and hightly modified. Might put Jurupas back to normal. Hes closer to stock (UD Pully, CAI), and we can test just the header with out the first cat though a smog only.
We may have to do High flow cats in Cali. Might want to lookinto that option for the three of us here in C.A.R.B. land. DARN YOU ECO-NATZIS!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Zipper said:
I'll volonteer to test out the header, but I have a Cat Back already, and hightly modified. Might put Jurupas back to normal. Hes closer to stock (UD Pully, CAI), and we can test just the header with out the first cat though a smog only.
We may have to do High flow cats in Cali. Might want to lookinto that option for the three of us here in C.A.R.B. land. DARN YOU ECO-NATZIS!
Well I'm almost sure it wouldnt pass with headers, HI-flow cat, and cat-back. Maybe with the stock CAT, headers, and cat-back.

I might work something out with one of you or might just do it myself.
 
1 - 20 of 97 Posts
Top