Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed the tranny fluid in a 89 Geo Tracker 4wd 5speed. When removing the drain plug there was a little piece stuck to the magnet on the drain plug. Does anyone know where it may go or what it is for before I tear into it? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
10,255 Posts
It looks like a band adjuster link... but the 5sp manual would not have any...

Will check the service manual tomorrow after surgery...

Are there any drive-ability issues with the tranny??

... Philip

·
Registered
339 Posts
It's a synchronizer key that fits between the hub and sleeve. I don't know how it came out of the slot, but I think you should remove the transmission and open it because there may be more of them in the case. If one gets picked up by the oil, it could be disaster.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It has sat for 12 years and I just got everything else fixed. The tranny has a gear whine so I was gonna tear into it anyhow. Other than that everything else seems ok. I was just making sure once i got it open I'd know where it went. Thanks for the replies guys.

·
Super Moderator
18,413 Posts
aquanaut20...Will check the service manual tomorrow after surgery...
Good luck today Bud! ;)

·
Super Moderator
24,450 Posts
It's a synchronizer key that fits between the hub and sleeve. I don't know how it came out of the slot, but I think you should remove the transmission and open it because there may be more of them in the case. If one gets picked up by the oil, it could be disaster.
x2. The FSM shows the reverse hub and the high speed hub having 3 of these each.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts