Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im wondering if you guys know what the 3 wires that come off the back of the gauge cluster are for? they connect to a small switch that mounts on the frame rail of the under dash support. Its a silver switch panel with a small black switch? no one can tell me what it is for? oh and the wires are RED white and blue...suzuki samurai

·
Registered
293 Posts
It looks like someone has replaced the check engine light switch with a new one. The switch is used to turn off the engine service reminder that comes on about every 50k miles. When the light comes, just push the slider the other way.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I don't typically ask this, but did you do a search? I'm pretty sure we have several topics on the check engine reset switch. In fact, I think there's even one already titled "mystery switch" or somthing to that effect.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
for some reason i didnt think of it right away because i didnt know what to enter in the search...i briefly looked it up after i posted this and found it...thanks guys

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
cool! I wasn't trying to be a dick, some people just forget that the tool it there, and forget to use it. Of course if you use it and don't have the specific words to search for.. it doesn't do you much good. Glad you found your mystery switch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts