Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was leaking oil, and could see it coming from about the location of the valve cover gasket, so i replaced it. 71k miles on the car. Ran the car for about ten minutes after replacement to make sure I had a good seal and noticed it was still starting to drip oil under on the driveway.(but not from around the gasket) Oil was already on bits and pieces from the original leak, so I'm trying to figure out where the leak is coming from.

I also have a coolant leak, but based on another threat I read I'm thinking that is a EGR valve gasket leak. I have the same issue he did and he said that fixed the problem so I'm going to look into that as well; but right now I'm stumped on where the oil is coming from.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
It's hard to say, you haven't specified where the leak appears to be. You will need to go under the car and see which area/side of the motor its coming down on. It could be your cam seals, front or rear crank seals, etc. Get some brake cleaner and spray down the area so its clean and free of residue and dirt, then you can start it up and use a good light to watch exactly where its coming from.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts