Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hopingsomeone might be able to help me out here. My 1992 Sidekick broke down earlier this week and it was thought that the fuel pump had gone. The next day my hubby went to look at it and it started straight away. He ran it for 30 minutes, drove it around and it was fine. I got home and it wouldn't start. So the next morning, my hubby went to look at it and it started. Is there some form of electrical device that could be causing this intermitant problem? My hubby says "if it aint broke, I can't fix it." However we both know that there is something wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
same problem

I am having the same problem on my 2000 vitara, been going on for two years, I have replaced parts and still does it, when in traffic or I shut it off a few times it jerks and back fires and after 5 minutes or so it starts and runs fine, I am thinking about replacing my fuel pump, I had other cars that acted the same when fuel pump went bad. Or camshaft position sensor, the problem with suzuki is that the parts are high so you cant just start changing parts, I spent about 500 so far with sensors and still have the problem, after research I think when my motor gets hot it gets vapor lock and fuel pump is to weak to push it on thru. hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts