Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. This has been my experience with my 2010 Suzuki Kizashi SLS. The car was great and awesome until I received the recall letter from Suzuki. Well, I took the car to the dealership to have it take care of. A week later, while driving, the car's belt came off, torn apart in pieces. I was in panic at the moment, as I have never experienced something like that before. Long story short, called Road side ass. and had the car back to the dealership for repairs. Two weeks after, while driving to a job interview and with my 2-year old daughter, the car suddenly overheats, spamming fog-like smoke. My daughter starts to scream and as I pulled off, guess what, the belt has come off again torn in pieces again and the car was overheating to a boiling point. Well, missed the interview, took the car to the dealership again on the flatbed and two days later, they called me the car was ready.

At this point, I don't trust this car. In fact I am afraid of driving it. It is a damn new car and it shouldn't behave like this. Well, this is not the worse part. Yesterday, I've started noticing a patch of dried oil in the driveway. Starting suspicious and (correctly) blaming the Kizashi, I opened the hood and checked the oil. NO OIL on the engine. Not trusting my research I further dig into it, opening the lower engine cover and guess what? (Hint: Look at the picture)

I'm done. I'm pissed off and discouraged. This is the cover of the engine of my "new 2010 Suzuki Kizashi". Now the car is officially a lemon-clunker.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That is really bad news. No fault of your own. I trust that Suzuki will do the right thing and get you back on the road and confident to do so. Please keep us informed. Regards

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yes, this was defective or they botched the job. I'm sure you won't need any luck with Suzuki on this one. They will get it replaced or fixed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I can't stand dealers

It seems like they screw up more than they fix. I only go if absolutely necessary, like warranty stuff. Even then I cringe at what they will screw up that was fine before I went in.:confused:

·
Registered
20 Posts
It seems like they screw up more than they fix. I only go if absolutely necessary, like warranty stuff. Even then I cringe at what they will screw up that was fine before I went in.:confused:
I agree, in Australia over many years experience getting both company cars and my own cars serviced (while under warranty), I have found dealer servicing to be totally unreliable.
My biggest complaint has always been that they don't do half the work that they charge you for - "oh you checked all the tyre pressures including the spare?, what about my spare that has no air in it, oh you checked the lights?, what about the blown globe in the rear lights"
On the plus side it has given me some totally free servicing, I refuse to pay the bill when I catch them out!:lol:
But it still gives me absolutely no confidence in the auto service industry.:(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is an update of what has happened so far. The vehicle started leaking again after getting it fixed under warranty. At this point, my new car seems more like a clunker. They told me the car was going to be fixed by next Thursday (June 2) and at least gave me a loaner car to cover me during the week. :(

Mood: Disappointed and Worried

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
It sounds like they did the pulley recall incorrectly, and/or installed the belt on wrong. I've done about 70 of those recalls on Sx-4, Kizashi and Grand Vitara and have had no come backs.
I'm interested to know what is leaking like that. I'd suspect the oil filter was loose or incorrectly installed as it is right above that engine cover. Something else would have had to fail pretty bad very quick for that amount of oil to leak out!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Most techs do a great job! Sometimes things go wrong and it is up to the dealer to take care of the customer. I have seem some things covered up that should not have been. It is not the techs, usually it is management trying to cover themselves and keep their job.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Most techs do a great job! Sometimes things go wrong and it is up to the dealer to take care of the customer. I have seem some things covered up that should not have been. It is not the techs, usually it is management trying to cover themselves and keep their job.
I find customers are a lot more understanding if you are upfront with them right off the bat. You're right, sometimes things happen but if you tell the customer hey this broke but we ordered a new one they are normally okay with it. If they find out something is broken later when the glue job falls off an hour down the road that's when they get mad!, and they should in my opinion!
The OP sounds like he's had a number of unfortunate issues right off the bat with his car. There's not much I can do but sympathize with him and know that it'll get fixed to no charge to him - still a pain in the butt tho.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts