Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont know but my radiator it seems is unable to get water from the resevior...i already changed the radiator cap but it only works most of the time but not always....also the cowling of the fan at the rear of the radiator has a crack/hole.....this is because the fan blades tore the cowling....is this part of the problem??
how can i remedy this??...
thanks any help would be appriciated....

(i'm trying to make my jimny as low maintenance as possible)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Are you sure that the thermostat is opening? To test this, let the engine warm up, and feel the radiator. If it is also warm, then that is not the problem, but if not - replace the thermostat. I don't think the hole in the cowley is the problem - I have been driving my SJ410 for years without a cowley - without a problem. Hope this helps!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
HI if you leave in a very hot country remove your thermostat and your engine will work fresh ,i leave in miami florida and i have a 1987 samurai and with out the thermostat work great and fresh ,only in heavy traffic the needle will get to the middle of the gauge ,whoever if you have the thermostat it shut not get over heat so check the belt ,the fan ,and your radiator, some time they get rust and they are unable to release the heat

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi mate my sierra was overheating so i took the thermistat out all together so it never gets hot. dont do this if you live in a cold enviroment, but here in a warm climate it is great, even on the dunes it doesnt get hot any more, if you dont want to take it out all together buy a new thermistat, thet are really easy to replace, just 2 bolts..
good luck

·
Registered
20 Posts
could also be the head gasket.take the radiator cap off and run engine,if there are bubbles coming out of the radiator the head gasket will need replacing.hope this helps.let us know what you find.

·
Registered
10 Posts
rigs will put water into the reservoir as they heat up, but not alot of them take it back out. it works on a very simple vacuum principal and do to the ages of hoses, heater core, radiator, water pump it can stop working. i would not worry about it to much. if you are losing water fast enough to worry about keeping your level high, you need to check into other problems. head gasket, leaking water pump, ect.. good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts