Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i recently bought a suzuki balno 98, i have replaced coil pack, spark plugs, struts (front), ecu, cam angle sensor,plug leads. my car still wont start, it goes to but than just stops & backfires. i need to know what else to do.

·
Registered
811 Posts
hi, i recently bought a suzuki balno 98, i have replaced coil pack, spark plugs, struts (front), ecu, cam angle sensor,plug leads. my car still wont start, it goes to but than just stops & backfires. i need to know what else to do.
A fuel injected engine should never back fire under any circumstances, well neither should a carb'ed engine but they are finicky beasts with tempers of their own, which engine do you have the 1.6 or 1.8?

Regardless of which engine you have your struts won't have anything to do with the engine not starting.

Also regardless of which engine you have pull all of the coil packs and spark plugs out and do a compression test on all of the cylinders, I'll wait on my further comments until I know which engine you have.

·
Registered
59 Posts
1 - Open tappet cover and check valve clearance of intake side.
2 - Check valve timing.
3 - Check fuel pressure.
4 - Check firing order of cylinders.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts