Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday my 2008 Forenza totally died. My husband was driving it to work it jerked like he hit something and then we lost everything. There is no power nothing and the engine started smoking. The plastic cover, timing belt and serpentine belt are well for lack of a better description burnt toast and there was no warning expect for it wouldn't start the day before and I had to jump it. What are possible causes and is it saveable?:confused: I still owe way too much ion this car to not fix it:(

·
Super Moderator
12,259 Posts
I think this is where you get a mechanic and have the car evaluated. I can think of no single cause that would simultaneously reduce the serpentine belt, timing belt and cover to "burned toast".

I can see electrical issues causing a no start requiring a jump, and also taking the alternator and with it the serpentine belt, but that should not affect the timing belt or cover, and I don't see a timing belt failure as taking out the cover or the serpentine belt.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The mechanic is not sure what happened and the insurance company is looking to see if I don't know what happened is covered. All I know is a lot of wiring, belts and hoses are having to be repaired

·
Super Moderator
12,259 Posts
I'm guessing - burned toast, damaged plastic cover, wiring, belts & hoses - it sounds like you may have had a small fire - look on the bright side, every one's safe, and hopefully the insurance will pick up the tab.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hope so... it will be a costly repair but the problem is no one knows for sure what caused it. The mechanic is not sure about the extent of damage yet or why we lost all power right before or why there was no check engine light. Just my luck and I am looking on the bright side I got a new car, my husband gets to keep the Suzuki. You break it you bought it policy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
An update here turns out my last mechanic forgot to put in 2 screws and it caused a series of problems that just happened all at once. So instead of trying to repair all the problems we are opting for a new engine and a new mechanic..

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Any more details? Which 2 screws and what exactly happened?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts