1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
It sounds good. And a sound I would like to have with my car. And since I was thinking going 2.25 piping and now have heared how it sounds I think I will go for it.

Question. How big is the outlet on the muffler as it looks like your back bumper is cut for make room for it. It looks like it is 3 or 4 inches. I am just wondering becuase I was going to get a smaller outlet.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it was 3.5 i cut some of the buttom of the bumper with a 3.5 drill bit. cutting it is the way to go if u dont want the muffler sticking down or too low to the ground.

·
Registered
259 Posts
sounds great...

The sound is very good - low, without any treble buzzes, rattles, or rasp. We need all the details on this install -- is this cat-back? Where did you get the muffler and the install? For $200, you did great. I'd like to do this setup myself.

Out of curiousity, how high did you rev the engine in the video?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It is a full cat back no resonator i went to Rogers exhaust shop in fontana, California. The guy the owns the place is probably the most helpful person to get the exhaust you want. Unlike the others while i was looking around just told me the price and didn't really say much. There is a little buzz from 4000 to 5000 but for sure it doesn't sound like a lawn mower. It took about less than an hour to install and i watched everything he was doing if you live in southern california its worth driving to fontana. I live an hour away from there and i think it was definetly worth it. He actually gave me a deal so i was lucky. I think if i went for a magnaflow like zipper he was gonna give it for 150 but im not totally sure so dont qoute me on that. The price for my cat back was actuallly 250 which i still think is a great deal. I mean when i shopped around it would cost me 225(lowest) to get installed with me providing the muffler. so lets just say i bought the muffler and it was 100 it would be 325. so your still saving a great deal not to mention if you buy an exhaust from him he was a lifetime warranty so if you have any problems he'll fix it for free. Nothing against zipper but for the cat back i got compared to him i saved 100 or more than him. So if you live in southern cali i definetlly think its worth the trip to fontana but hey maybe its just me.

(what is says on the card)
Rogers exhaust shop
mild to wild custom exhaust
the best quality you can get fro the lowest cost
909-823-0009
www.rogerexhaustshop.com
17052-B foothill blvd fontana, ca 92335

did i mention he'll do a custom cat with you providing the muffler for 100?

i think i reved my car in all rpm ranges. it starts low but it progessively gets higher which i think sounds nice.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
That place is like an hour away or more. If I don't find a place near me that is close to that price I may haul my ass over there.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
jurupa said:
That place is like an hour away or more. If I don't find a place near me that is close to that price I may haul my ass over there.
Cannon's Muffler Svc.
711 E. La Habra Blvd.
La Habra, CA 90631

They installed my cat back. 315, including the install and the magnaflow.
Granted, I know I wanted 2" catback, no resonator, with the magnaflow, so there was little batering there. BMS did compliment my exhaust instalation though
Edit: I didn't think the link would work, but it was worth a shot

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Zipper said:
http://www.magnaflow.com/03dealer_result2_x.aspx?id=0
Cannon's Muffler Svc.
711 E. La Habra Blvd.
La Habra, CA 90631

They installed my cat back. 315, including the install and the magnaflow.
Granted, I know I wanted 2" catback, no resonator, with the magnaflow, so there was little batering there. BMS did compliment my exhaust instalation though
http://www.magnaflow.com/03dealer_result2_x.aspx?id=0
Much much closer. Magnaflow's site seems to have some problems so I check it tomorrow. But it sounds like it is basically the same price, as the other one that was posted.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sorry i just got back from school but the guy at fontana would of given me the same set up like zipper for 150? I'm pretty sure he its the same muffler as zipper.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts