Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Extra parts

When I get my Sammy on the road I will have and extra V-belt, Timing belt, Water pump, assorted wire, U-joints, set of lug nuts, tube of form-a-gasket, extra fuses, and of course.....roll of Duct tape.

GIZMO

·
Registered
328 Posts
No-brainers?

Must have;
Jack
Jack handle(mine did not have one when I bought it)
Lug wrench (ditto)
good spare(ditto)

Should have;
tool set with wrenchs and screw-drivers
hose repair tape(extra strength duct tape)

When I go off of the beaten path onto trails, I also have a CB radio, come-along and tow-strap. I also have a full tank of gas and at least a gallon of drinking water(on top of what I expect to drink) as well as some food.

My Sami is stock so I don't do hard-core trails and am willing to turn around if I see an obstacle that makes me uncomfortable.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
x2 on what vader said

with the addition of wratcheting tie down straps. The rig is too small inside to carry a lot of large items, so I often times have to strap things to the top when I'm going to the lumber store, going surfing, or hauling the kids bikes around...etc.

·
Registered
39 Posts
when i get my shite together i'll plan to have these items. good working spare tire w/ jack and wrench, spare lug nuts, v-belt, timing belt, 1-quart oil, ps fluid, metric tools, misc nuts/bolts/washers, cb radio, cell phone, SPOT, GPS, extra plug wire, extra dist cap, extra plug or two, emergency tire sealant, small aircompressor, mirror, tie wire, emergency tape, duct tape, electrical tape, flashlight, misc electrical items, wire/fuses/splicers,/etc..., 12v test light, contact cleaner or carb cleaner(same chemical) can be used for either/or also help to remove moisture from electrical connections, spare neoprene washer (transfer case shifter) had one desinegrate on a ride and was stuck in neutral, tow strap, first aid kit, u-joints, etc... i plan on having a safari rack soon, so having this souldn't be a problem.

what did I miss? the kitchen sink. I ride dirtbikes too and I'm usually the one carrying everything, even spare fuel for my buddies bikes that have the smaller tanks. Beats scyphoning or removing the fuel lines.

·
Registered
32 Posts
x2 on what vader said

with the addition of wratcheting tie down straps. The rig is too small inside to carry a lot of large items, so I often times have to strap things to the top when I'm going to the lumber store, going surfing, or hauling the kids bikes around...etc.
youre a surfer baratacus? whereabouts? i got my zuk for that purpose. there are several breaks out here in the pac NW that require a 4x4.

ON topic,
this is a bothersome one for me because i dont want my stuff to get ripped off. When i drive around town i dont carry much at all but lug wrench to change a tire because i have towing on my insurance. off-road i carry a tool bag with screw drivers and sockets, crescent wrench, aircompressor, d-ring shackles and recovery strap....thats about it. still need a winch rope extension.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I have a deck cover that I made out of compound board. It covers the area behind the back seat and makes it accessable only if you open the rear gate (which has a lock) Mine isn't going to stop someone from tearing it off, it's more for keeping the weather off my stuff, but if you made one out of sheet metal and bolted it down then it would be pretty secure.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I carry two of these: FireAde 2000 16 oz. Fire Extinguisher

I've got a couple stashed, but handy, in each vehicle I own. They leave no residue, so cleanup is trivial -- not like class BC or (ugh!) the very messy class ABC style.

Edit: Neoprene holder by EK Motor Sports; also from Smittybuilt (in black) $20/15 if not on sale.
Good FireAde discussion at Zukikrawlers: Fire Extinguishers
Edit 2: Good supplies list on the Zu, at: http://zuwharrie.com/supplies.htm I also carry a set of hand-held (FRS) radios to talk to my buddy.

·
Registered
123 Posts
on road, nothing, just make my fluids are topped, oil , gas, coolant.

offroad, small tool box basic hand tools, extra 2 gal gas, 2 gal water, tow-strap, lighter, rags, sunglasses.

I like to go offroading with someone else, so if I get stuck. I never do, but iv seen other take hi lift jacks to the desert, and it seems to come in handy if you mess up really bad.

·
Registered
123 Posts
when i get my shite together i'll plan to have these items. good working spare tire w/ jack and wrench, spare lug nuts, v-belt, timing belt, 1-quart oil, ps fluid, metric tools, misc nuts/bolts/washers, cb radio, cell phone, SPOT, GPS, extra plug wire, extra dist cap, extra plug or two, emergency tire sealant, small aircompressor, mirror, tie wire, emergency tape, duct tape, electrical tape, flashlight, misc electrical items, wire/fuses/splicers,/etc..., 12v test light, contact cleaner or carb cleaner(same chemical) can be used for either/or also help to remove moisture from electrical connections, spare neoprene washer (transfer case shifter) had one desinegrate on a ride and was stuck in neutral, tow strap, first aid kit, u-joints, etc... i plan on having a safari rack soon, so having this souldn't be a problem.

what did I miss? the kitchen sink. I ride dirtbikes too and I'm usually the one carrying everything, even spare fuel for my buddies bikes that have the smaller tanks. Beats scyphoning or removing the fuel lines.
lol, you have a samurai not a ford, ;) you wont need much more than maybe that 1 qt. of oil if you have a 200K miles original leaky motor like most of us.:p

·
Registered
181 Posts
I moved my spare tire to my rollcage so the original tire mount now hold a 50 cal ammo box that locks, in it I carry 1 ltr oil, 1 ltr gear oil, 1/2 ltr brake fluid, small air comp and tire plug kit, spare spark plugs, set of wrenches and screw drivers, rope, points, condenser, cap and rotor, elec tape and of course what any man can't live without, duct tape.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts