Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,
my dealer told me that there is a cord that can connect to the back of the mp2/cd player in the back and it was $115. i am definitley not paying that much for a cord that goes from the back through the glove box into the front. where do i hook it up if anyone knows and can i buy it anywhere else???

thx
steve

·
Registered
582 Posts
I would like to know what he is talking about all together.. if i can make my factory cd player into a mp3.. that would be awsome.. or is he talking about a cord that he can hook his mp3/ipod player to? If he is.. if he has the factory radio like the one i got with the tape deck plus cd.. just hook your player to the tape and use your cig lighter/power thing in the car. Thats what i did to my xm radio.. here is a pic of it if you hadnt seen it in my profile....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its the player that has the volume adjuster and power switch in the botom middle of the player
its a cord that hooks up to the back of the player, comes thru the glove box to the front. one cord that goes into the earphone socket on a mp3 player.

·
Registered
582 Posts
supraman22 said:
its the player that has the volume adjuster and power switch in the botom middle of the player
its a cord that hooks up to the back of the player, comes thru the glove box to the front. one cord that goes into the earphone socket on a mp3 player.
Ah ok.. simple solution.. do you have a cd/casset deck.. or just cd?

·
Registered
433 Posts
talked about this before.
there are as of know no direct mp3 or ipod interfaces made for the forenza/reno.
your only choice would be the harmon cardon drive and play.
most of the interfaces plug into the cd changer of most stock radios, our head doesn't have one so therefore no interface.
but if this sounds like a good choice for you, i get a pretty good discount on harmon cardon products through my work so i may be able to get it for you a bit cheaper.
also get a 10% off crutchfield.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
renoinreno05 said:
you mean the deck right. unless your player isn't stock there shouldn't be a mp3 auxilery input, ive done the research, unless you got a special edition forenza.
One thats not in North America, its so specail. There is no stock input for an exterior MP3 player.
There is an MP3 input jack on the front of the MP3 deck, but thats it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts