Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock 89 sami, lift and 29" ssr swampers. first let me say this is my daily drive and toy... it has to be dependable. I will be doing one of a few this and would like your impute. first build up a 1.3 cam, headers, better carb... second go with the 1.6 swap build it but not as much, because i still want good gas milage. or the VW diesel swap.
I would really like to hear from guys that have or have seen it done. One more this I m willing to to spend what ever, but i want it all I want the most cost effiecient good gas milage and more hp. Sooo let me hear it. :cool:

·
Registered
69 Posts
It really depends what you primarily use it for, and also how you drive it. Economy has little do with displacement, a bigger motor requires less left foot to carry the required speed.

If you are crunching miles onroad in a straight line, then tbh there is little to pick between a smaller Diesel and a Petrol.

If, when you use it off road, you like to throw the ting about then petrol is the way to go, if you like to crawl up rocks etc, then diesel might suit you better.

Most swaps have been done, VW 1.5>1.9s, Vitara 1.6/2.0 8/16v all the way up to V6 Vortechs and V8s.

for cash spent vs benefits, the 1.6 8/16v conversion with fuel injection in my opinion will show you the best return, the conversion is relatively simple, and cruising speed is a lot less laborious. Depending on where you live, Diesel prices have skyrocketed, pretty much chewing up any savings you might get from MPG over petrol.

I really would not throw cash at the stock 1300 lump, the more you try to make it into what the standard 1.6 can produce, you are eating into your wallet for parts, and the motor will drink more anyway.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts