Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys im fixin to pull the motor out of my 87 sammi for rebuild jus rings and gaskets...any ideas on where to get a good kit at a fairly good price and how hard will it be to do what i am doin....also my speedo is now not workin i replaced my cable recently it worked for week then stopped i took a look at the transfer case where it hooks in..the piece that the cable hooks on to broke off and now there is nothin for the cable to hook to...any ideas will be gladly apprectiated!!

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
I am always wary of ebay specials for something that I would be depending on going down the highway... but you can get lucky I guess...

I get my engine parts from Hawk Strictly Suzuki and G13b.com

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought a rebuild kit off ebay a few yrs ago for abot $250.00 and it was top notch stuff. I had to have the block bored a littl but it gave me a little more hp. I had no problems with the motor afte the rebuild.

·
Registered
131 Posts
i found the kit on ebay then noticed it shipped from elmonte CA which is 5 minutes from where i live so i called and picked up the kit for $111 and i think that also included 4 new pistons and rings ..the whole rebuild kit was about 80 bucks im not sure but i remember seeing my reciept the other day from there and it was about 111 dollars...runs perfect had motor rebuilt with new bearings in the crank and head hot tanked and she runs and idles perect..The kit came with every single seal and gasket that you would need to do a full complete rebuild i just dropped off the motor and kit at the machine shop and picked it up assemebled with the head on already..super easy and alot less work for me just bolted on new clutch and tranny and i was rolling..i did put a new water pump and oil pump since might as well do eveything just for peace of mind a few bucks spent while its out is better than having to pull apart stuff if you cut corners and skimp out on something so minor in price but important in reliability/function.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts