Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys don't know if I asked before but, do any of you use certain motor oil.
I ask because I took my car for an oil change and it was run sort of crappy. My bro redid the oil and told me they used the recycled oil they have at the shop and didn't replace the oil filter. I went back to the shop and demanded my money back which they did once I showed them the filter and stuff.
but I wanted to see if any of you know which oil is the best for the car seeing that there allot of brands out there (Valvoline, Quaker state, Exxon motor oil, Amsoil, Castrol, Conoco, Mobil 1, Pennzoil, interstate, Marathon, etc......)see what I mean. I've all ways asked them to use Pennzoil. what do you guys think?
Oh and I took it to a Jiffy Lube and I thought they were the experts.

Another thing what numbers should i use meaning (5w-30, 10w-30, 10w-40). also what's the recommended time to change the oil ever so and so miles or months.......thanks guys.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Use whatever numbers are recommended for our car unless you have a good reason to use otherwise (turbo, high compression, racing, ect).

For oils most guys use in there street/track cars is mobile 1, then royal purples next in line. Also for filters most use mobil 1 or whatever the car manufacture puts in them. K&N and fram oil filters suck! stay away from them.

·
Registered
219 Posts
if you are looking for the absolute best oil than amsoil. if it doesn't have to be the best than any other will get you by.

·
Registered
291 Posts
LOL, I almost got a k&n oil filter. Went with the Mobil oil filter.

kinkyllama said:
Use whatever numbers are recommended for our car unless you have a good reason to use otherwise (turbo, high compression, racing, ect).

For oils most guys use in there street/track cars is mobile 1, then royal purples next in line. Also for filters most use mobil 1 or whatever the car manufacture puts in them. K&N and fram oil filters suck! stay away from them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts