Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had to install a lower control arm on our Esteem, so I bought one online made by MOOG. I had the old one out before the new one came, and when it did come, I saw that the spacing of the rear rubber bushing was incorrect. It was too far out on the stud that it mount to. To make a long story short, I have access to a 20 ton hydraulic press, and I had to use that to move the rubber bushing forward. I made the spacing the same as the old one.

MOOG brags about how they make things easier for people, so I called them and told them that their part wasn't right. The guy said that they would have to research it, bla bla bla, but I told him that I was providing the information, and that their part was wrong. He didn't seem real concerned.

So, the part was very heavy and solid, but I don't recommend buying that one unless you have a press.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I remember replacing mine (bad ball joints) and had the same issue, they werent moog but i think SKP or whtever the rock had for cheapest at the time. Didnt resort to the press but used some penetrating oil, my vice, and a hammer to set them in a bit. Maybe these are listed as compatible with esteem but were for some other zuki/geo car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts