Suzuki Forums banner

Mods for 2016+ Ignis

46K views 205 replies 30 participants last post by  Shoshinsha 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi, do you guys have any "mods" that you have done to your Ignis?
Want to do any mods?
Or even some plans on modding?
Doesn't need to be big mods, could be as small as a new tire valve cap :LOL:
I would love to hear from you guys and I think it will inspire people to "improve" their Ignis and give ideas

I have done a few things to my car:

Picture of how close the tire is to be too big!

Tire Automotive tire Alloy wheel Wheel Synthetic rubber

What i want to do in the future:

One of the first pictures i have of the car
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Car
And the latest picture of it
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Looking forward to read your mods and ideas :cool:

See less See more
#9 ·
If you buy some special brand of sound deadening then it can be really expensive, I just bought 2 packs from ali express

I was sceptical first that the glue would not be good enough but I was surprised how good quality this was,
The doors are no problem, just 2 screws and go around the door panel and pull
The carpets are even easier, 2-3 plastic "screws" that you just screw with your hands, pull off the plastic panel on the floor where the door is and that's it, I haven't done the rear floor but I expect that I will need to remove the rear seats to make it easier,
3 packs of this thing is enough for the whole car, I bought 2 and I have to buy 1 more for the rear floor

#10 ·
Well I've done the following:

Fitted orange tyre valve caps
Fitted a recharegable motion-sensitive boot light - since it's a magnetic mount I can also use it under the bonnet.
I have three sets of mats: genuine Suzuki (black), orange carpet, and rubber.
Nextbase dash cam - hardwired
Aftermarket boot tray
Fake Suzuki-branding "GPS TRACKER FITTED" window stickers
Personal registration plate.

I've been trying to get a shaped rear plate but haven't yet succeeded

#14 · (Edited)
Here's what we are offered in New Zealand by Suzuki NZ.
Ignis Accessories | Suzuki New Zealand
No matter what browser i use or what device i always get this error when trying to check it, maybe its because they dont want people from other countries to view their page? update: used VPN and could see the website and they dont want to send a bonnet guard to Iceland

#15 ·
I could take a few photos and measurements to show the 'bug deflector' and it's mounting points, brackets, etc.
Then if you can't get one in your own country just get a local plastic business to make a deflector for you (in your choice of colour too...not just the usual Black). This would be a cheaper option for those folks who can't buy the genuine Suzuki product locally.
I could also, of course, buy one here in NZ and send to someone, but I'm sure some clown in an airline somewhere will try to bend it!

#20 ·
It uses more fuel, went from 6.1l to 6.4 (might be because of the colder weather and always driving short distances the last month)
Inwqs "racing" my friend wich was using stock tires on same type of ignis, we where evem untill he went slighty faster at 90kmh, i dont feel any diffrence but ofc there is some, and the car rides way better both on good roads and bad roads

#22 ·
Interesting thread nice to see some ideas for the future... Mine is too new yet for any big mods...

The only real mod I have done is put the Suzuki badge on the back of the car opposite to the Ignis badge... Found it so irritating every Suzuki model has the brand badge on the back but the Ignis doesn’t...

#24 ·
Put the new speakers in, so much better than the stock speakers! Both louder and you can hear all the tones in the music. The bass is about the same as the stock but much cleaner, mids and highs are just so much better!

Had to cut the corner piece to be able to put in the tweeters, looks pretty good i think

Later i will hopefully try to find some radio that delivers more than 5-10 watt to each speaker so i can really enjoy the true power of theese speakers

#46 ·
Put the new speakers in, so much better than the stock speakers! Both louder and you can hear all the tones in the music. The bass is about the same as the stock but much cleaner, mids and highs are just so much better!
View attachment 99017
Would you let me know what size these speaker replacements were please? Are they 16cm or thereabouts? I have used Audison units previously in my current Panda but these needed an adapter plate to mount into the door. By the looks of your picture these replacements went straight in? Just looking to line up my upgrades early on :) Thanks.

#27 ·
I 'tried' to remove the inner panel from my drivers door as a start to put sound deadening foam in.
Undid the small screws (2 or 3 wee screws from memory). Unclipped all around the door panel...but the panel would not move.
Seemed to be held somewhere in the middle of the panel. No screw there, maybe a wee clip in that area?
Any photo of a stripped front door? Maybe I was too 'girly' and didn't heave on the panel with enough force?
I like the photo of your back door internals. I will have to get back to finishing my foam job now.
I've already done the boot area, the tail gate, and inside the boot side panels.
Made a lot of difference to the noise level, but really want to do the doors too.

#29 ·
Just finished installing a new radio which I bought for 350usd, so far i like it alot, the screen(QLED) is good quality and bright,
it's fast and responsive.
Better output to the speakers than the orginal radio
better GPS and basically improved everything, except 2 things, the reverse camera needs an adapter which I already bought and the microphone need an adapter also.

The radio is called ",teyes cc2plus" and comes with everything you need to install it (except adapter for mic and reverse camera)

#30 ·
Superb and the fitting kit is Ignis specific so no messing about with cutting and joining wires! Here's the spec if anyone is interested:

We've had owners of SZ3 models wanting to upgrade the basic stereo fitted to these models - this would be an easy solution.

In order to get the original camera to work - you may need a camera retention interface. eg

#32 ·
like to fit wind deflectors and a rear spoiler, getting roof bars and would like to get the front grill wrapped from chrome to black
I am too thinking about getting the grill wrapped black, or i was even thinking about just buying the matte plastic black grill that you get when you buy the cheaper model.
I cant find anyone here in Iceland that wraps this thing that doesn't have a month or more waiting time

#36 ·
Just installed a small sub under the seat, makes so much difference and is perfect for the small Ignis, and no boot space sacrified! I do regret not getting the sub with speaker amplifiers built in but I guess I will add that later, even thinking about puting it behind the radio since there is so much space back there 😀

For anyone interested it is the alpine pwe s8

#45 ·
Newest mod! Light in the trunk, Bought From aliexpress for around 20$, uses the original spot for light, so no cutting or anything. (Most ignis does not have the light installed) Very easy to install, no tools required, just needed to pop some panels, like the map light, b-pillar, c-pillar and thats it, will put LED lights soon since the yellow looks terrible

#50 · (Edited)
I got the Ignis (2016+) interior mat set (cup holders, cubbies etc..), fits really well, it's about £9.50 (AliExpress). It helps to be more grippy for interior stuff and reduce plastic rattle noises. Like for me I have plastic bottles, ice scrapper, anti bacterial gel etc which rattle about in the door bins.

I got the black one with white stripe and surprisingly the stripe glows in the dark haha

Apologies for the dust around gearstick :whistle:
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Light Automotive design Automotive tire

Automotive design Automotive exterior Gadget Auto part Font

#51 ·
Finally got rid of the chrome grill!
Car Wheel Automotive side marker light Tire Vehicle

For me it looks so much better! What do you think?

Just replace the grill and fog light frames for the orginal grill that the cheaper version has, bought it for around 500dollars at suzuki (got some discount) but the chrome grill is for 900 dollars! 🤯 so if anyone wants to buy it for 150 dollars +shipping ( its in perfect conditions recently replace so its like 4 months old)
It was a very easy mod, even though the front bumper has to come off
Cloud Sky Tire Vehicle Wheel

Font Parallel Paper Paper product Document

Vehicle Aircraft Automotive design Airplane Font

I also bought eibach lift springs! Hopefully í will install them next weekend if the weather is all right and if the camber bolts will arrive
Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design

I will see if í will also put in the lift kit spacers (í haven't put them on yet 🤐) depens on how everything looks after the springs are in 😁

And in the future í will also be putting on the aluminium skid plate í bought of a fellow member here on this forum
After that í think í will be ready for the snow this year!