Suzuki Forums banner
121 - 140 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Yeah, just one is supposed to work, things like this annoy the crap out of me, for example in my old car there was only one reverse light and one fog light, why dont they just have it symmetrical! :LOL:
In most countries the legislation allows for two rear fog light or one light between the centre-line and the drivers side. The argument against two lights is that the vehicles behind might think you're braking when the driver sees a pair of bright red lights or be distracted and not see the brake lights coming on. However I believe that two lights provide greater safety in designs like the Ignis where the fog light are in a completely different location to the brake lights and where there is a central high level / intensity brake light.

·
Registered
120 Posts
  • I also put some sound deadener mats in the doors and floor, its the best mod so far, it really makes a different and is also very cheap and easy to do on this car
When you did the doors did you replace the vapour barriers (thin plastic layer) or did you leave it off? Not entirely sure what they're there for but seems like a faff to replace them

·
Registered
13,416 Posts
Replace the vapour barrier plastic, thats what stops any water that run down the windows getting onto the door cards and turning them mouldy, leading to dampness and musty odours in the car you will never get rid of

·
Registered
13,416 Posts
noted, if i can get it off in one piece i'll try and reattach it with some adhesive spray
Plain old pvc tape is all you need, just tape up any rips or cuts. The sticky black never set glue thats on it will get everywhere, don't touch it.

·
Registered
Suzuki Ignis 2020
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·
I
When you did the doors did you replace the vapour barriers (thin plastic layer) or did you leave it off? Not entirely sure what they're there for but seems like a faff to replace them
didn't replace them, just pealed them open so I can do what i did then glued them back on with the same glue it had previously.

·
Registered
2 Posts
In the box in front of my passenger, I printed a "secret" drawer for hiding the camera and navigation on a 3D printer.
I also added an LED light with a motion sensor for AAA batteries.
View attachment 103515
View attachment 103514

This light bar is a saver! I used one of these for the boot because I really didn't have the time to install the lights suggested earlier.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Finally fitted some cheap sound deadening to the front door panels, and under the front carpet spare wheel well and boot panel. Comfortably listening to talk radio at about 13 on the volume dial at 70 mph

Have got a strange experience where most of the noise seems to be coming from the rear now, so will do the rear doors and floor panel over the weekend.

·
Registered
Suzuki Ignis 2020
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
Finally fitted some cheap sound deadening to the front door panels, and under the front carpet spare wheel well and boot panel. Comfortably listening to talk radio at about 13 on the volume dial at 70 mph

Have got a strange experience where most of the noise seems to be coming from the rear now, so will do the rear doors and floor panel over the weekend.
I am waiting for good weather (not snowy or windy) so i can finish mine, i have the rear floor, under rear seats and the roof left. I recomand you do the rear wheelwell, its easy to take the trim off, its only 2 screws on the trim that is below the rear hatch(could even be that there are non, long time since i did this), the rest are clips easy job and changes alot

·
Registered
120 Posts
Got round to doing the boot hatch (rips off with your fingers) , and the whole boot area. Got a little carried away and took off the black side interior pieces as well and did the rear wheel arches. Took it for a short test drive (all around 30mph) and it was remarkably quiet to the extent I began hearing squeaks and the engine which I'd always considered quiet and refined to be a little noisy.

An interesting observation is suzuki have applied a small pad of sound deadening (might be moisture wicking idk) to the inside of that plastic quarter panel above the rear shock struts. Maybe suzuki expect a lot of noise to be coming in from that region?

Wasn't brave enough to remove the rear seats today but is there a basic approach to it? I tried passing the bitumen pads under the carpet between the seat rails but made a bit of a mess of it

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Taking the seats out is easy - providing you have the right tool for the job! I've put it on here somewhere.

EDIT - here we are:

121 - 140 of 145 Posts