101 - 120 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
13,416 Posts
Well, you can if you want something that handles like a slippery weasel

·
Registered
53 Posts
I fitted a set of Continental WinterContact TS860’s in 185/60R16 size about 2 months ago and they are just fine. VERY slightly taller gearing (which mildly helps to correct the over-reading speedo), the ride quality and wet-weather grip are improved over the stock Bridgestone Ecopia’s (the latter hugely so) and they fill the arches a little better. These TS860’s will work perfectly well all year round on a car as light as the Ignis, so I am very happy. View attachment 103200 View attachment 103201
Any point in putting winter tyres on a 4 wheel drive? What about all season tyres instead of using winter tyres in summer?

·
Registered
53 Posts
mytyres.co.uk masquerades as an UK company but are based in Germany and source tyres from a number of warehouses in Europe. They have a 3/5 Trustpilot rating and if you read the high level of negative reviews you may decide that there are better alternatives.

When choosing tyres it should be noted that some like the Falkens above are directional. For some owners this is fine but if you wish to rotate tyres to equalise wear you cannot do a normal diagonal rotation without remounting (and rebalancing) the tyres.
A couple of years back i ordered tyres from mytyres.co.uk and they delivered three correct and one different tyre. Took forever to get my money back. Then tried tyreleader.co.uk and got nothing but empty promises. Eventually refunded by Mastercard. Found out that they pretend to be in the UK but actually operate from Andorra! Used both companies because they were good on price and I thought that they were in the UK. Learnt my lesson. Also now use my credit card for all expensive purchases - Mastercard / Halifax refunded my money in a few days when I complained

·
Registered
2021 Tough Khaki SZ5 AllGrip
60 Posts
Well, you can if you want something that handles like a slippery weasel
Far from it in my experience on cars as light as the Ignis. I have always run either AllSeason or Winters on my previous Panda 4x4's (the Ignis is so much better though)... and the more modern rubber mix in the Conti's works very well in terms of stability and hugely so for wet grip, let alone snow/ice.

And regarding the view that 4WD doesn't need AllSeason/Winter tyres, I can't entirely agree. The Bridgestone originals are well documented to be bad in the snow - particularly the braking - so I look forward to trying these new Conti's come the colder weather.

Thanks for all the feedback - I like to very proactive nature of this Forum (y)

·
Registered
13,416 Posts
Far from it in my experience on cars as light as the Ignis. I have always run either AllSeason or Winters on my previous Panda 4x4's (the Ignis is so much better though)... and the more modern rubber mix in the Conti's works very well in terms of stability and hugely so for wet grip, let alone snow/ice.

And regarding the view that 4WD doesn't need AllSeason/Winter tyres, I can't entirely agree. The Bridgestone originals are well documented to be bad in the snow - particularly the braking - so I look forward to trying these new Conti's come the colder weather.

Thanks for all the feedback - I like to very proactive nature of this Forum (y)
I was meaning running a mix of summer and winter, tyres on the car at the same time. That's dangerous.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey guys...what do you think to open one new topic regarding the upgraded tyres ( pros, cons, dimensions etc ) then we can discuss on one place in certain topic?
I think that we are going to troll member's topic a little bit, just with the tyres 😵
Hope you agree!

·
Registered
834 Posts
Many forums divide contributions into sections - engine, brakes, suspension etc etc. There often in addition flagged sections for important things like servicing, tech data etc. There has been steadfast refusal to develop this forum and as a result there are numerous topics pertaining to tyres for example widely scattered amongst hundreds of other topics. If you open a topic as you suggest, called say “tyre upgrades” it will just get buried. If it’s existence isn’t obvious then new topics regarding tyre upgrades will keep being opened. The forum has a search facility but there’s loads of good stuff being buried. And yes I know that there would be aspects to manage such as keeping posts on topic, managing duplication of topics …………………..

·
Registered
2021 Tough Khaki SZ5 AllGrip
60 Posts
A Twizzy !!!
Absolutely - I love the whole smaller, lighter approach to urban transport. A small car I grant you, but Mrs R1NGA used it for her daily 24mile round trip commute for 3 or 4 years and over the 18,000 miles that I logged the electricity required to deliver those miles, the bill stopped at about £160. Total. We have doors and the proper Korean Renault windows for winter, together with a heated seat and the car is simply fantastic. No battery lease on this one either.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I have edited the Original post. I made a list for what i have done to my car with links to the parts and also list for what i want to do and link for the parts if i have the link
Hopefully this will help people in the future if they want to mod their Ignis :)
Excellent! Includes a few things that are low cost but are very worthwhile eg LED panel for interior light, boot light and 2x rear fog lamps (important safety improvement).

·
Registered
14 Posts
"Put on the rear fog lights so that both "lights" will be working, stock it is only 1 of them that is a light, other is a reflector"

So it is only the rear fog light on the drivers side that is supposed to work? Amazing, it has annoyed me so much that it was "broken" but now I might find inner peace.

·
Registered
Suzuki Ignis 2020
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
"Put on the rear fog lights so that both "lights" will be working, stock it is only 1 of them that is a light, other is a reflector"

So it is only the rear fog light on the drivers side that is supposed to work? Amazing, it has annoyed me so much that it was "broken" but now I might find inner peace.
Yeah, just one is supposed to work, things like this annoy the crap out of me, for example in my old car there was only one reverse light and one fog light, why dont they just have it symmetrical! :LOL:

·
Registered
Suzuki Ignis 2020
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
In the box in front of my passenger, I printed a "secret" drawer for hiding the camera and navigation on a 3D printer.
I also added an LED light with a motion sensor for AAA batteries
That is a great idea!! so the drawer slides in the shelf in the glove box?
I don't know a lot about 3D printing but could you share the file with us? i would love to find someone to print this for me, it is an amazing idea!

101 - 120 of 145 Posts