Suzuki Forums banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

Registered
Suzuki Ignis 2020
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
The bonnet guard came yesterday (took 6 days from ordering to reciving, fastest delivery to iceland ive ever had馃槸)
Easy to install, looks great and good quality

Registered
Interesting thread nice to see some ideas for the future... Mine is too new yet for any big mods...

The only real mod I have done is put the Suzuki badge on the back of the car opposite to the Ignis badge... Found it so irritating every Suzuki model has the brand badge on the back but the Ignis doesn鈥檛...

Registered
Suzuki Ignis 2020
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Interesting thread nice to see some ideas for the future... Mine is too new yet for any big mods...

The only real mod I have done is put the Suzuki badge on the back of the car opposite to the Ignis badge... Found it so irritating every Suzuki model has the brand badge on the back but the Ignis doesn鈥檛...
Nothing is too new, mine is only 3 months old :geek:

Registered
Suzuki Ignis 2020
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Put the new speakers in, so much better than the stock speakers! Both louder and you can hear all the tones in the music. The bass is about the same as the stock but much cleaner, mids and highs are just so much better!

Had to cut the corner piece to be able to put in the tweeters, looks pretty good i think

Later i will hopefully try to find some radio that delivers more than 5-10 watt to each speaker so i can really enjoy the true power of theese speakers

Registered
Acoustic foam or sound deadening mats on the inside door surface will improve the performance of speakers particularly if you're looking to increase input power.

Registered
Suzuki Ignis 2020
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Acoustic foam or sound deadening mats on the inside door surface will improve the performance of speakers particularly if you're looking to increase input power.
Yeah i already put some in the doors, just waiting for some mats that are in the mail so i can finish it (y)

Registered
I 'tried' to remove the inner panel from my drivers door as a start to put sound deadening foam in.
Undid the small screws (2 or 3 wee screws from memory). Unclipped all around the door panel...but the panel would not move.
Seemed to be held somewhere in the middle of the panel. No screw there, maybe a wee clip in that area?
Any photo of a stripped front door? Maybe I was too 'girly' and didn't heave on the panel with enough force?
I like the photo of your back door internals. I will have to get back to finishing my foam job now.
I've already done the boot area, the tail gate, and inside the boot side panels.
Made a lot of difference to the noise level, but really want to do the doors too.

Registered
Suzuki Ignis 2020
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I 'tried' to remove the inner panel from my drivers door as a start to put sound deadening foam in.
Undid the small screws (2 or 3 wee screws from memory). Unclipped all around the door panel...but the panel would not move.
Seemed to be held somewhere in the middle of the panel. No screw there, maybe a wee clip in that area?
Any photo of a stripped front door? Maybe I was too 'girly' and didn't heave on the panel with enough force?
I like the photo of your back door internals. I will have to get back to finishing my foam job now.
I've already done the boot area, the tail gate, and inside the boot side panels.
Made a lot of difference to the noise level, but really want to do the doors too.
There are just 2 screws in each door (same in front and back) and the rest is just clips, feels like you might break something when you pull the middle clips out but it is no problem when you realise its just clips

Registered
Suzuki Ignis 2020
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Just finished installing a new radio which I bought for 350usd, so far i like it alot, the screen(QLED) is good quality and bright,
it's fast and responsive.
Better output to the speakers than the orginal radio
better GPS and basically improved everything, except 2 things, the reverse camera needs an adapter which I already bought and the microphone need an adapter also.

The radio is called ",teyes cc2plus" and comes with everything you need to install it (except adapter for mic and reverse camera)

Registered
Just finished installing a new radio which I bought for 350usd, so far i like it alot, the screen(QLED) is good quality and bright,
it's fast and responsive.
Better output to the speakers than the orginal radio
better GPS and basically improved everything, except 2 things, the reverse camera needs an adapter which I already bought and the microphone need an adapter also.

The radio is called ",teyes cc2plus" and comes with everything you need to install it (except adapter for mic and reverse camera)

View attachment 100856
Superb and the fitting kit is Ignis specific so no messing about with cutting and joining wires! Here's the spec if anyone is interested:

We've had owners of SZ3 models wanting to upgrade the basic stereo fitted to these models - this would be an easy solution.

In order to get the original camera to work - you may need a camera retention interface. eg

Registered
2020 Ignis SZ5 Allgrip Speedy Blue

I've put head rest covers and seat belt pads. I'd like to fit wind deflectors and a rear spoiler, getting roof bars and would like to get the front grill wrapped from chrome to black.

Registered
Suzuki Ignis 2020
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
like to fit wind deflectors and a rear spoiler, getting roof bars and would like to get the front grill wrapped from chrome to black
I am too thinking about getting the grill wrapped black, or i was even thinking about just buying the matte plastic black grill that you get when you buy the cheaper model.
I cant find anyone here in Iceland that wraps this thing that doesn't have a month or more waiting time

Registered
Hi Danniorn. If you have time and want it, you can do that very easy and quick with plasti dip spray. If you are not familiar with that, just google it, and you will find a lot of videos 馃槈

Registered
Suzuki Ignis 2020
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Hi Danniorn. If you have time and want it, you can do that very easy and quick with plasti dip spray. If you are not familiar with that, just google it, and you will find a lot of videos 馃槈
Yeah I know about that, but I think it will easily chip and the wrap would not chip as easily :geek:

Registered
I am too thinking about getting the grill wrapped black, or i was even thinking about just buying the matte plastic black grill that you get when you buy the cheaper model.
I cant find anyone here in Iceland that wraps this thing that doesn't have a month or more waiting time
You can get chrome delete kits to DIY wrap grilles etc. Avery Dennison is one of many who supply the film in several colours. A grille isn鈥檛 the easiest of items to wrap but if you do make a complete hash of it, you can easily remove the wrap!

Registered
Suzuki Ignis 2020
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Just installed a small sub under the seat, makes so much difference and is perfect for the small Ignis, and no boot space sacrified! I do regret not getting the sub with speaker amplifiers built in but I guess I will add that later, even thinking about puting it behind the radio since there is so much space back there 馃榾

For anyone interested it is the alpine pwe s8

Registered
This Alpine speaker has a built in amplifier - or at least there is no option of a non-amplified version in the uk.

Registered
Suzuki Ignis 2020
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
This Alpine speaker has a built in amplifier - or at least there is no option of a non-amplified version in the uk.
Yeah it has a built-in amplifier for the sub it self, but there was an option that has amplifier for the speakers also

Registered
2021 Tough Khaki SZ5 AllGrip (coming soon!)
Just installed a small sub under the seat, makes so much difference and is perfect for the small Ignis, and no boot space sacrified! I do regret not getting the sub with speaker amplifiers built in but I guess I will add that later, even thinking about puting it behind the radio since there is so much space back there 馃榾

For anyone interested it is the alpine pwe s8
View attachment 101088
View attachment 101089
Where did you take the audio speaker feed from for the sub-woofer - from behind the head unit or by tapping into a door speaker feed or similar? Thanks.

Registered
Suzuki Ignis 2020
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Where did you take the audio speaker feed from for the sub-woofer - from behind the head unit or by tapping into a door speaker feed or similar? Thanks.
Behind the radio, tapped into the speaker vires, then I got a better radio and connected it by rca

21 - 40 of 50 Posts