Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know, recently had my original motor timing chain break, dropped some valves which in turn damaged some pistons. With the help of Max and a link he gave I located a used motor. Paid a shop to install. Seems to be running great.

I'm a clean motor "freak" and today was going to spend a few hours cleaning my engine bay. Started just looking first checking things and noticed these two wires not hooked up. I looked all over and cannot find where they hook up. I did find two hoses not hooked up underneath on other side that they missed hooking up too. Found where they went (top of front differential and another hose that went to a hard line on the cross member. Any help on these two wires would be great.

·
Super Moderator
18,176 Posts
I see the one wire with a 90 degree, black single conductor end. Check if there is a wire connected to the single pin on the back / side of the power steering pump. ;)

That wire signals the ECU to maintain the idle speed when the pump is working (steering effort).

Shown in the blue box...

You'll have to route that wiring harness UNDER the strut brace to reach though.

Now, where is your 2nd wire to ID? :)

·
Super Moderator
18,176 Posts
Your second wire...might you mean a connector at the END of the same harness (but not actually shown in your pic)?

That would be the Oil Pressure Sending Unit wire, pink box called out above. ;)

But I HOPE you were wondering why your oil light hasn't been working by now! :rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts