Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When connected to the car, my galaxy s7 says device and car are connected by mirrorlink but the infotainment centre says the phone is not connected.
What am I missing ?
Regards

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi I had the same issue. Same phone. What I found was #1 short good quality usb lead and #2 allow the head unit to pair with the phone via Bluetooth (takes a few seconds after starting the car) before connecting the usb then Android Auto should start.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for taking the trouble to reply, However that just gives me a bluetooth connection
I need to have mirrorlink as it is so much better.
I still feel I am simply missing a detail here as the phone thinks it is ok bu the car does not.
try to help me again please.
Regrds

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
1: First of all, turn car on, pair via bluetooth, wait until phone is recognised by the infotainment unit.
2: Plug in USB cable AFTER phone is connected by bluetooth.

then, Have you enabled mirrorlink in the phone settings menu? I am guessing you probably have but start with the basics, and use a good quality USB cable.

3: MirrorLink

Mirror your phone’s display on your car’s entertainment and information screen using a USB connection. To use this feature, your car system must support MirrorLink.

To turn on MirrorLink:

1. Connect your phone to your car’s system using the USB cable.
  2. From home, tap Apps
    all apps icon
    > Settings
    settings app icon
    > Connections
    connections settings icon
    > More connection settings.
  3. Tap MirrorLink.

4. Tap Connect to vehicle via USB. to move slider to right and enable mirrorlink.
at this point phone should connect and infotainment display should function if you select the phone section.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies. I know this should be easy BUT !
All fine until I connect my phone because then my phone shows a car and a device with the words your car and device are connected via mirrorlink.
The problem then is that I can do nothing with my phone so I cannot use the connect via usb cable link.
It is a good thing that this is easy but how do I get around this ?
Regards

·
Registered
156 Posts
Firstly, make sure the phone is unlocked and the entertainment system shows the home screen before you plug in via USB. I use an iPhone but the home screen on the Vitara says “no smartphone connected” for several seconds before it the displays the Apple CarPlay screen.

If the phone is locked, it won’t connect.

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
The problem then is that I can do nothing with my phone so I cannot use the connect via usb cable link.
using the "connect via usb" is different to mirrorlink. Connect via usb is for file trasnsfer or using the phone as an mp3 player. Mirrorlink "mirrors" the phone display to the car infotainment screen.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi I had the same issue. Same phone. What I found was #1 short good quality usb lead and #2 allow the head unit to pair with the phone via Bluetooth (takes a few seconds after starting the car) before connecting the usb then Android Auto should start.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replies, however I still have the problem so would you all dig a little deeper please.
Here is some extra detail -
I will explain whathappens -

I have a 2019 Vitara style 1.4 auto which I wish to connect to my Samsung Galaxy S7 using Mirrorlink.
I paired the two but now the phone says that it and the car are connecte with Mirrorlink and this shows that a connection is there or an attempt is being made to find one.
However the car says there is no smartphone connected..
I have tried this with and without a Bluetooth pairing but always with the same result.

I have checked and rechecked everything and in various places where
the signal may vary and I have now run out of ideas for something which appeared to be the easiest thing on earth.

I do not believe I have missed anything but have I ?
Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
are you plugging it in after you have waited for it to pair?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts