Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Trying to keep it quiet as far as the GMInsidenews.com guys go ;) but I'm likely to order a Forenza Wagon with a bunch of accessories in about a month.

I really like this wagon after test driving it. 8 speakers, MP3 CD, lots of cargo room....nice! I'd test driven a sedan before, but the wagon is even better IMO. You don't sacrifice too much ride for all of the cargo space at all.

Convenience Package .... hoping to get ABS on it
Absolute White
Gunmetal Gray SWT Cast Aluminum Wheels
SWT B-pillar trim
SWT door panel emblems
Bumper guard
Suzuki floor trays (black rubber type)
Cargo mat

Maybe some other stuff. Deep tinting the windows, looking in to doing something about car seats or nice seat covers / upholstery - suggestions welcome because I haven't seen much of that kind of thing. Also wondering how the seat mounted side airbags could work around a seat cover / how to cut the hole without butchering it.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Why do you want to keep it quiet from GMInsidenews.com? Do you work for them or something? Because I am pretty sure there are people there that know about our car, most probably not as indepth as us, but still know what you get for the price.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
You realise that the Forenza/Reno is a GM?
Its a GM Deawoo, sold inthe states as the forenza reno, canada as the Optra/5, and most places as the Lacetti/5

Its even raced in europe under the CHEVY LACETTI in the WTCC

As for seats, get the leather if you want something nice. If not, I guess you could (with some knowlage of sewing) modify a seat cover

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Zipper said:
You realise that the Forenza/Reno is a GM?
Its a GM Deawoo, sold inthe states as the forenza reno, canada as the Optra/5, and most places as the Lacetti/5
Hehe, I know that guys (believe me, I follow all of that stuff regularly and try to help raise the awareness of things like the Lacetti in the WTCC at GMI - heck, you'll probably even find a post from me here about it almost a year ago when I was more active here), I was just kidding a bit since I've been leaning towards an Impala E-85 for some months now and I even had a poll out a couple of months ago (Forenza wagon wasn't included then) and everyone agreed they thought I should go for an Impala.

But since I wrote these staff member commentaries in the past:

Wagons Ho! - GMInsideNews Forums
GMI Goes to China: Ming's Trip and Observations - GMInsideNews Forums
Can Pontiac claim "Total Performance" without its own Sport Compact? - GMInsideNews Forums

They shouldn't be shocked at all by my change of heart.

As for seats, get the leather if you want something nice.
I'm pretty sure they killed the Leather option on the Forenza as of 2006MY. And if there's one thing I didn't like about my test drive, it was the cheap-feeling seat fabric. So I'll definately have to do something about that.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's true, kinky. I know a good place near my house that's a little bit more money than the cheap aftermarket "Stereo and Tint $100!" places, but at least I know they won't give me a purple bubble tint job.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Ming said:
'm pretty sure they killed the Leather option on the Forenza as of 2006MY. And if there's one thing I didn't like about my test drive, it was the cheap-feeling seat fabric. So I'll definately have to do something about that.
What did you expect for an entry level car? 1,000 thread count cloth seats? lol. Ya the cloth is not that great, nor are the other parts of in the insides of the car, but hey, it is better design inside than some other cars.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No arguement here. I'll just add some seat covers or something and I'll be good. I want it to look good though and to blend with the overall design, so I'm going to choose the covers carefully. Any suggestions anyone?

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Ming said:
No arguement here. I'll just add some seat covers or something and I'll be good. I want it to look good though and to blend with the overall design, so I'm going to choose the covers carefully. Any suggestions anyone?
I saw some Faux Leather ones that looked interesting, but then again, its not the most exspencive one either, so quality is unknown

·
Registered
259 Posts
Right On - Another wagon guy!

Good to see another wagon driver on here - I've been pleased overall with mine. I can't find another ride close to the price point that will haul all of my music gear. My new litmus test for vehicles is if I can put my 4x10 bass cabinet in the back without lowering the rear seats. I haven't found anything yet that gets decent fuel economy and can do that. As a hauler, it's exceptional.

The seats are not my favorite either... The 2005 has a nasty 80's thing going on in the center insert and door inserts. I've been considering these from e-bay -- the feedback sounds like they are okay for the front, but the rear fit is questionable, and doesn't 60-40 split.

eBay Motors: 2004 - 2007 Suzuki Forenza Premium Seat Covers (item 250070077201 end time Jan-11-07 19:18:23 PST)

The solid black, or maybe the grey, would be good. For the price, I might get a set and see if they're any good, and if I can make the rear work. I'm picky, and I don't want it to look ghetto.

They also say they won't hinder side air-bag function.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the tip schoolpsych! - I like the look and price, I'll likely order these. My wagon order is about a month off though, so let me know if you do order these and how they turn out. :) I actually bought some similar to these at Autozone for an old car I was restoring, they were also inexpensive and felt more or less like leather. Now that I think about it they may have been a very cheap type of leather. Worked better than some fabric covers I've paid more for that were less pleasant to the touch.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Another tip for the wagon --

Hey, I don't know how much you plan to use your cargo area, but the first thing I added to the car was a new carpet in the rear area. I went to Costco and got an indoor/outdoor carpet, grey cloth with a rubberized backing ($25). I used scissors and a utility knife to trim it to an exact fit of the cargo area, and cut slits in it for the D-rings in the cargo area to go through, so they could be used, and folded down to hold the carpet in place. I folded my seats down and made one continuous piece that ran forward over the seat backs, slit for the 60/40 split. When the seats are up, I roll the excess up in the cargo area - it makes a nice small roll just behind the seats.

I also saved some scraps and stuck them in the side containers (with the jack) in the back -- then, when I'm carrying something that might rub against the plastic, I can pad it with a piece of carpet.

Next time I load up for a gig (Saturday) I'll take some pics of how much music crap I haul in the car. It's nuts.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's probably close to what I will do, but I might just get a rubber mat type material (on the rolls) from Home Depot. I noticed that the area behind the seats is not pretty - some kind of thin black fabric there.

For the cargo area itself, I will buy the Suzuki cargo mat, and reupholster the seat backs with matching carpet or even a similar color of rubber to the cargo mat. I've bought cargo mats before and they can be good for hauling the occasional bag of wet soil or mulch or spilled milk since the lip of the cargo mat will catch it and none will seep into any carpeting.

I will likely use my cargo area quite a bit, its the main reason I like wagons.

Def. post some photos!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts