Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a little cabin in Northern AZ and wanted to put something together to putt around on the trails in. Lot's of folks up there have Rhinos and the like but they don't do much for me, and they are expensive!

I picked up my '86 Sami a few months ago for $2200. and tried to give it a little more attitude and some lift. My boys and I had some fun painting it with tan camo paint. I stripped out all of the carpeting, and went to a Khaki bikini top. Put wider wagon wheels on with 235 75 15 Goodyear Wranglers, and added a 1" lift via aftermarket 2" over shackles. The 1.3L runs like a champ, and it has a ton of new parts on it courtesy of the previous owner who was a mechanic by trade. We went through everything and will "deploy" Zombie Patrol this weekend to Overgaard, AZ where it will live out it's days.

Oh and by the way - I get a lot of comments on the Zombie theme. People stop and take pictures of it and generally smile or laugh when they see it. It's a lot of fun.

here are a few pics:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Love it. Looks great! SoCal may end up with a Zombie Patrol Sammy if I get motivated to paint mine. ;) It is rusting from when it rolled over so I need to take care of that soon.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My wife drove it up to the cabin this weekend while I followed in the pickup - it will probably never see the valley again and is happy at 6500 feet. Took it out on some trails last weekend and it was impressive (first time I have done any rock crawling in a Sammy). Here are a couple more pics - sorry forgot the camera for the trail pics :-( :

1 - 6 of 6 Posts