Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I have a 95 Mazda levante procced with a 2.0l turbo diesel automatic 4 door.
recently I had the head gasket let go. during the repairs I discovered the head was cracked. so while waiting for the new cyl head to come from japan the vehicle sat for 3 months. when I finished and went to fire it up it would not start, discovered I could start the truck by jumping the starter. finished the repairs and test drove the vehicle and everything engine wise is good. during the test drive the overdrive light started to flash. my problem is I cannot find any info on were the diagnostic port for the transmission is or how to get the codes? any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
16,334 Posts
Talk to Rhinoman - RhinoPower Forum

His software/interface may be able to get the codes.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts

Interesting, looks like a US market Sport model Sidekick. Just with a turbo diesel (v6?). I understand they also made a 2 door version.

Anyway: I suspect you can use the procedures for any TracKick 4 speed automatic to pull the codes.

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
That's the Mazda RF 2litre turbo diesel engine, its the same as the Vitara SV420D version and the FSM supplement can be downloaded here:

Rhinoman's Suzuki Service Manuals

·
Administrator
16,334 Posts
The turbo diesels are all inline fours.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the links rhinoman they are going to very helpful in the future. I still cannot find any info on were the diag port for the tcm is. does anyone know if it is intergrated with the ecm and I just use that diag port to get the codes? I believe my problem is the park/neutral switch but just want to make sure before I buy one. they are not cheap and I hate just throwing parts at something hoping it fixes it. think tonight I will do check and see if there is power going to the switch and check for continuity. I see another member did a conversion with half a Suzuki escudo from japan think maybe I will send him a message and see if he knows were the port for the tcm is? Its the same vehicle as mine. a little more info on mine. I added a 3 inch altered ego motorsports lift kit and some 225/75/16 goodyear territory tires. For your guys info altered ego motorsports makes lift kits for the sports models and a lot more other stuff as well. they are located in kellowna bc Canada.
thanks again for the info.

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
Looking at the wiring diagram the TCM is separate. According to one FSM it looks like it uses the same connector as the ECU - try linking the pins on that and see if both the CEL and the O/D lamp flash codes. Other sources show it being a white connector located under the dashboard.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you Rhinoman I will look for that white connector and its definitely worth checking the ecu port. I did manage to figure out what was wrong last night. turned out to be a bad connection at the starter. I also found a ground wire that was disconnected from the transmission, reconnected it cleared the codes and went for a long test drive. Light never came back on and it shifted smooth during the test drive. now all I have to do is replace a couple u joints and a couple wheel studs and she is ready for the road again. Thanks again Rhinoman for all your info it will prove to be very valuable in the future.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts