Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all. probabely not a question that the americans can answer but here i go.
got a samurai that has spoa and the welding was a disaster, done by somebody that didnt know how to weld i guess, but the welds have let go and the axle is junk now and will need replacing. the only problem is i cant find the wider samurai axles at the moment and who knows when i can because they seem to dissapear fast from junk yard if they even get there.
i have spare axles but they are 413 axles, or narrow track axles, and i was wondering if it was at all possible for a temporary solution to move the mounts and install the narrow axles on a samurai untill i can find samurai axles in the future. or are they too narrow and i wont be able to get any turning circle

·
Registered
66 Posts
If it was a poor welder he probably didn't get good penetration anyway. A good one can grind down to clean metal and fill as needed to attach some new saddles. I'm just an average farm "mud-dobber" and wouldn't be afraid of it :)

Prost!

·
Registered
8 Posts
If it was a poor welder he probably didn't get good penetration anyway. A good one can grind down to clean metal and fill as needed to attach some new saddles. I'm just an average farm "mud-dobber" and wouldn't be afraid of it :)

Prost!
I'm with u friend....grind it all back down and take a stick welder to it:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts