Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK i have a 1987 Suzuki samurai all original w/ soft top. the throttle keeps sticking and it really doesn't want to idle. i have tried to clean the carb and i haven't replaced to fuel filter but its on my to do list. any incite would be helpful

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
OK i have a 1987 Suzuki samurai all original w/ soft top. the throttle keeps sticking and it really doesn't want to idle. i have tried to clean the carb and i haven't replaced to fuel filter but its on my to do list. any incite would be helpful
what do you mean "sticking" ? as in sticks in a position and doesn't return?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes its almost like it's holding the throttle position at about 4grand, but if you rev it it will go back to idle speeds.

·
Registered
8,440 Posts
Disconnect the cable and test if the throttle linkage is the issue, if not lubricate the cable..

.. Philip

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice I'll try that and see if it does the job. It doesn't help that it sat up for over ten years 😂

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
Thanks for the advice I'll try that and see if it does the job. It doesn't help that it sat up for over ten years 😂
this bit of information should have been given right at the beginning!!!!.

lube cable, pedal pivots and check linkage.

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
GV2013, What, you no longer use the crystal ball???

... Philip
:eek:
I assume you are meaning me, 2013GV, not some other impostor?

nope, its packed away in storage with my patience, understanding and the ability to mind read.

Now I just use sarcaustic (yes, it is spelled correctly, its the ability to strip many layers with a single word) nuances to guide people into the right direction.

^_^

1 - 8 of 8 Posts