Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ignis has always claimed a range of ~250 miles or so, which to me seems very short. To test this I filled her to the first click about a month ago and reset the tripometer and ran her until I got scared by the flashing fuel indicator. Today I filled her up after 295.5 miles, averaging 53.4mpg with 27.05L of fuel. Given a 30L fuel tank this can be extrapolated to a maximum range of 328 miles.

I will be aiming for 300 miles on my next tank and hope my nerve holds.

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
9,978 Posts
Carry a small jerry can of fuel....

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
My ignis has always claimed a range of ~250 miles or so, which to me seems very short. To test this I filled her to the first click about a month ago and reset the tripometer and ran her until I got scared by the flashing fuel indicator. Today I filled her up after 295.5 miles, averaging 53.4mpg with 27.05L of fuel. Given a 30L fuel tank this can be extrapolated to a maximum range of 328 miles.

I will be aiming for 300 miles on my next tank and hope my nerve holds.
Run it dry at your peril. You risk damaging the fuel pump, it relies on fuel flowing thru it for cooling. As soon as that light comes on, fill up. 30 liter tank sure, useable volume is about 28 .5 litres, the remaining 1.5 litres ish is not able to be picked up by the pump.

·
Registered
469 Posts
We get to Putney in London with 50 miles to spare (a regular trip).
213 miles.

·
Registered
484 Posts
My Ignis has a 32 litre tank. Checking my consumption record shows the following:

Most put in at a fill = 29.50 litres - the last gauge bar comes up at about 28 litres.

Most distance travelled between topups = 338 miles - at 54.9mpg

Most paid to topup = £36.37

Best mpg at topup = 55.9mpg

Overall average consumption in just over two years = 50.5mpg

Error on onboard computer in just over two years averages 4.2mpg optimistic

Least paid per litre = 104.9p

Most paid per litre = 125.9p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts