Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I'm strongly considering buying a 2008 Suzuki SX4 (Hatchback) JX. The MSRP is 19, 795 CAD. The dealer really seems adamant about not negotiating the price. If I knew that there wasn't much of a mark up then I'd be fine with this. However, as I'm a relative newbie to buying cars I'm wondering what you all think?

The reviews I've read of the SX4 all say that buyers are getting quite a 'bang for their buck', as many options are standard.

If you have any info or suggestions, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

·
Registered
143 Posts
all i know is you pay more and get less in canada then in the US. but you pay even more in europe, but can get some pretty cool features.

·
Registered
388 Posts
There is much less markup from the dealerships price versus customer price than you would see in an American car. There is no room to negotiate really as long as they are not asking over the sticker.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is much less markup from the dealerships price versus customer price than you would see in an American car. There is no room to negotiate really as long as they are not asking over the sticker.
Thanks for the replies. I'm a little concerned about the reliability of the SX4. Nobody I know has ever driven a Suzuki! I know that in the past they weren't all that reliable. However, I've heard they're getting better. What do you all think? I'm planning on driving the car until it's completely dead. So, the longer it lasts, the better.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had a 1989 Suzuki Sidekick for twenty years. Very little service required. Very dependable and thats why I bought another Suzuki.

·
Registered
388 Posts
The real Suzuki's (Made in JAPAN) are very reliable for the most part. Do not do much work on them at all. Heck most of the time, on an SX4 and Aerio, the main thing we fix is secondary cat for core separation and other exhaust problems like a missing stiffener bracket bolt (rattle) and heat shields.

After that not much in the way of repeat repairs so far.

My Esteem had the first version of the motor as a 1.8L and it was very good.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought my wife a new 2008 sx4 sedan in the spring. I still am driving the 1995 esteem I bought brand new in 1994. I never planned on keeping it over 3 years. i had never even heard of the car before buying it. It was cheap so I bought it. 14 years later the air conditioning still works. one set of tires, brakes, timing belt last spring. And I had to have the radiator and one cv joint replaced. If I remember right we paid somewhere around $12,00 new. I am guessing the total on repairs to be under $2000. That comes out to $1000 per year. I will be buying a new sx4 for myself in the spring. Iam 61 years and have all kind of new cars in the past. Theses are the BEST for the money hands down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts