Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few Trackers/Sidekicks including both 2 and 4WD , I want to pick up a good set of factory manuals but am unsure what year to buy, my old Ford PU factory manual covers the whole series basically and wonder if the GM factory manuals do so too.

·
Registered
339 Posts
The factory manuals are year specific, but if you have both 8V and 16V engines, you could buy two sets that are as close as possible to the year's you have.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, thanks , I kinda thought GM wasn't as user friendly as Ford (once was) but I did figure at least both the 16 valvers and the 8's would be covered under one edition, I haven't yet seen one that listed 2wheel drive and ya, I know it's only the front end and trans that differ but occasionaly you need small details for the 2'sthat both Chilton and Haynes seem to have ignored ,hopefully the factory manual will list all of them, thanks

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Tracker manuals cover all models and engines for any given year. (I like these manuals but only have owned Sidekicks.) Suzuki manuals have a "base" manual and supplements for 4 door, 2 wheel drive and the like. What is covered by the base manual and what supplements are available seem to vary with each year. There are three basic "variations" and you could just get manuals covering each... if you need it. The main variations are: early ('89 and 90), OBD1 (91 to 95), and OBD2 (96 to 98).

I have a search set-up for manuals on eBay. I have a selection of manuals, but will pick up additional manuals if cheap enough. Unfortunately closing dealerships have sold off most of the manuals and tools so the prices are going back up.

·
Super Moderator
24,462 Posts
Frankly, you can get more appropriate information if you identify exactly what cars you have - it is easiest just to put this information into your signature, so that people don't have to search around wondering what car you are talking about.
Your info indicates only a 1992 - are you interested in others? Auto tranny info? The FSM's will deal with both 2wd and 4wd, as well as auto tranny info, however the earlier FSM's have a much better auto tranny chapter (100 pages). If it is just the 1992 that you are concerned about, the FSM from 1991-1993 would be helpful
Advise what cars you have - there is specific information about what FSM's you should buy, depending on your car.

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
The 1995 FSM includes both, 8v & 16v, 1.6 engines.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts