Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Done a lot of research here and didn't find exaclty what im looking for.
Im going with weber for a simple carb replacement. would love to do 2t carb but cannot find one right now and dont have time to find, rebuild, and modify. Which choke system is better for the 32/36 weber, water choke or manual? Advantages/ disadvantages? Difficulties? If going with the manual choke do I just connect the water choke hoses together or cap off seperate?
Also for the weber air filter what do I do for the valve cover vent tube? Does it go into the weber air filter or do I just get a valve cover filter? Also if the ECM is not needed can just remove it completely with all wires? Is it needed for anything else? Pictures would be awesome! Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
12,245 Posts
It's not so much what's better as what do you want - a manual choke is one you have to operate youself, water choke is an automatic one that uses coolant temp to open & close.

·
Registered
278 Posts
If you have never had a manual choke. Run the watter choke.
Yes, you can pull all the wires and ecu.
I'd recommend running the stock air box using the Webber adapter. The Red line is junk.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I would like a manual choke for the control and that "Old School" feel.
Also less parts to deal with. Now if the water setup gave me the ability to switch to manual choke later if i wanted. I would chance it then
Does this carb setup still pass state emissions testing for use as a DD?___

·
Registered
173 Posts
Okay... very tough Emissions here in Arizona. They put you on a Dyno and put it thru all kinds of tests. A nice simple Weber sounds like a great upgrade.
Hawaii, now that Cool :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts