Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a 08 manual sx4. I would like to replace the shift knob with an aftermarket one. Has anyone replaced the factory knob Or is it impossible to do without changing the whole shifter.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Replaced the knob on a 2007 SX4 5-speed manual. The after-market replacement came with a few different threaded inserts, one of which worked. The OEM knob was difficult to get off, but it was years ago, so I don't remember more than that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So is the factory knob threaded?
The shaft is threaded. I remember breaking the OEM knob in the removal processes. It was years ago...
It may have been glued on. I just don't remember, sorry.
I do not remember trying to warm it though, like with a hair drier. If there is an adhesive the heat may help to soften it.

I took a look at Amazon, to see if I had a link to the knob I installed, in my order history.
I purchased my replacement knob back in 2016, which can still be found on Amazon.
I do not recommend this particular knob. It gets very hot in a black car in the summer.
I also purchased a knob with lettering, but my daughter prefers the blank one so I never installed it.

·
Registered
5,290 Posts
So is the factory knob threaded?
yes, but the knob is on there solid. I still don't know how they get them to grab like they do. It will come off but may do so in pieces. I've had to use pipe pliers to get them off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts