Suzuki Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
The Recall work got carried out and the shifter works much smoother than before and the notchy feel has gone....good one!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Well, the gear linkage in my 2009 has now been replaced. Feels like a new car! Improved the shift by miles, there's now only a couple of mm play in it, as opposed to the couple of cm that used to be there. Very happy.

Now to replace the cracked windscreen, and the second blown Ironman strut...
This is an old thread. Thought I'd add a little to it. I had Suzuki do the TSB on my 2012 before I bought it. When I test drove the car the gear shifter was VERY sloppy. See video. It says in the TSB to replace the lever seat and bushing if cracks or damage is found. Today I decided to look into it because even after the TSB work the gear shifter was very wobbly. And indeed, the seat was very damaged, see pic. Tomorrow I will contact Suzuki and ask them to give me a new seat. Cleary they didn't inspect properly. I'm not even sure the actually replaced ANYTHING...

20200503_131415.jpg

20200503_131409.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry to post on a really old thread. But have only just entered the Suzuki world with an 09 jt 2.4 5sp . I bought the car blind with no history and 240000 km on clock. Unbelievably still looks new inside and out.
Just wondering if there is a way you can tell if this has been done? And is there symptoms if it hasn't?
My vin is on the list. And I'm in Australia if that's of any use?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
8,814 Posts
If the gear stick is slopping round like the old series 2 landys and its like stirring until you find a lump to put it in, then it needs doing. Its obvious if its failed or cracked the housing.

The levers do have slop in them, but you can't usually move the knob in a 6" circle when in gear

Reactions: Inais

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the fast reply.
Does have a bit of slop in there. Probably about an inch movable in gear. I did have the box surround out to add a USB port and didn't notice anything looking other than new. Is it visible from the top?
It does have an after market knob put on it which makes it longer, so it's a bit like driving a truck.

So what is the process with this? Just take it to a dealer and let them sort it? Is it even still valid?
Thanks again

·
Registered
8,814 Posts
Thanks for the fast reply.
Does have a bit of slop in there. Probably about an inch movable in gear. I did have the box surround out to add a USB port and didn't notice anything looking other than new. Is it visible from the top?
It does have an after market knob put on it which makes it longer, so it's a bit like driving a truck.

So what is the process with this? Just take it to a dealer and let them sort it? Is it even still valid?
Thanks again
Recall is expired as far as I know, its visible from the top if its one that's cracked. About an inch movement in gear at the knob is normal. My 2013 has been like that since new

Reactions: Inais
21 - 30 of 30 Posts