Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
This could explain why the gearshift is so floppy and awful in my 2009 GV. Only problem is that mine was imported from Aussie to NZ second-hand. I'll have to see if the NZ dealer is partaking in the same recall, and if they'll replace it. Would be nice to have a precise shifter.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks for that up date. I haven't been contacted yet.
I have lots of trouble getting into first when at a stop. I have go into 2nd then into 1st, it frees it up for some reason.

·
Registered
302 Posts
After a flurry of emails with Suzuki NZ, who had to contact Suzuki Queensland (where the car was sold new prior to importation) I now have it booked into have the shifter mech replaced on the 14th March. Cheers for the heads-up!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just rang my Suzuki service department, they know nothing about it and told me i have been miss lead. Typical.
Been to the web site and my VIN is in the list.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Seems like Suzuki Australia are pretty poor to deal with. Both the guys from Suzuki I dealt with here (the chap I emailed and the one I spoke to at the dealer) were very helpful and did their utmost for me. I'm just glad Suzuki Australia didn't run them around too much!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I rang Suzuki Australia to find out what was going on, they said it was only 2 weeks since they put notice on recalls. They haven't got enough shifters and more need to come to Australia.
They also told me to wait till i get an official recall letter from Suzuki Australia with futher instructions on what to do next. So it could be some time away yet.
Hope its sooner than later, my shifter is quite annoying at times.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Goodday,

I bought my Grand Vitara 4 weeks ago. Also I notticed that the gearshift is floppy. I told the salesman that this is not the way it should be.
Today I brought the Vitara to the dealer and they discoverd that there is a plastic disc under the gearshift that should be replaces because it is dammaged. The wil replace the plastic disc and the gearshift will not be floppy again after that. it should take about 30 minutes to replace the disc.
Just to let you now.

With regards,

Griekel

·
Registered
302 Posts
I rang Suzuki Australia to find out what was going on, they said it was only 2 weeks since they put notice on recalls. They haven't got enough shifters and more need to come to Australia.
They also told me to wait till i get an official recall letter from Suzuki Australia with futher instructions on what to do next. So it could be some time away yet.
Hope its sooner than later, my shifter is quite annoying at times.
Interesting, I hope there's enough in NZ! Although I think that because I got in so early (and am already booked) they should have the part in stock.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Well, the gear linkage in my 2009 has now been replaced. Feels like a new car! Improved the shift by miles, there's now only a couple of mm play in it, as opposed to the couple of cm that used to be there. Very happy.

Now to replace the cracked windscreen, and the second blown Ironman strut...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Last week is the gear shift linkage and the disc replaced for new stuff. The gear shift is as new now. No more floppy!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got my recall notice last week - booked in for early July (need it for the whole day as they have to drop the gearbox to get access to the levers)!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Has anyone taken advantage of the 'free' work and asked for the clutch to be changed? If so, how much did it cost?

I understand it is around $1,500 for a clutch change, wonder if the dealer would charge for the additional effort involved in changing the clutch as they have already dropped the gearbox.......

·
Registered
46 Posts
Rang last Friday to make a booking for the repair, of course, can't set a date due to no parts ready. They will call me back when the part arrives.
Pretty poor customer service, the service department tried to help but to put out an "urgent recall" letter, what's so urgent if there are no bloody parts?
3 week wait for radiator and heater hoses because it has to come from Japan, how rediculous.
Absolutely love my GV and been to some amazing places on hectic tracks, but Suzuki has lost me.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I received my recall letter also but have not booked in yet.

One thing ive noticed now though is that sometimes I get a bit of shuddering when I release the clutch when moving off from a stop in 1st gear. It does not do it all the time.

Wonder if the clutch is starting to go already?

The car has done only 65,000klms...the disc and levers that get replaced under the recall would not relate to that would it?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm not sure what they replace, but the letter only mention the gear shifter.
Still waiting for this some what urgent matter.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I contacted my local dealer and he advised that the parts for the recall need to be ordered in.

they have placed an order and will let me know when they arrive so I can book in.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts