Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i finally got to take my Sammy out in the mud. lots or rain here in Fl lately so it was pretty wet. got stuck once but had a great time. the day was cut short when while going thru some mud a stick lodge itself between my fan and the radiator and tore the rad up.

overall everyone was impressed with it...especially myself :D

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Looks like fun. I would love to have that rain here.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Good times!! luckily its an easy fix!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good times!! luckily its an easy fix!
heck yeah! it's already fixed. i bought some wheels a couple of weeks ago off of a guy on CL. while i was there he asked if i needed a Sammy radiator and at the time i said "nope".

swung by his house on the way home and picked it up. swapped them out in the rain when i got home. only took about 25 min :D

·
Super Moderator
17,871 Posts
Dang! That was a SERIOUS first time out venture! :eek:

I guess you know your limitations now. :rolleyes:

With that depth of water, you need to be mindful of water intrusion into the drive-line components (vents) wheel bearings and alike, even the engine and ECU!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dang! That was a SERIOUS first time out venture! :eek:

I guess you know your limitations now. :rolleyes:

With that depth of water, you need to be mindful of water intrusion into the drive-line components (vents) wheel bearings and alike, even the engine and ECU!

for sure! it's extra deep this time of year due to all the rain and to be honest, i didn't expect that "little puddle" to be that deep.

washed and cleaned the Sammy when i got home. the front wheel bearings are bad and i'll be replacing them soon. i'll grease everything this week.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts