Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was looking at the CAI from BMS and theres no way I was payin 300 bucks for a piece of plastic that really wasn`t even a cold air. So recently me and my fiance put a CAI on her car so i used her factory intake piping and made my own.

gimme some feedback

also does neone know what wire to hook the a/f ratio gauge into?

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
BMS is $219 Boshart Motorsports Store :: Suzuki Reno/Forenza Cold Air Intake Kit - $219.00 That price includes the Air temp scensor included in the peice.
How is the BMS not cold air? Seems to me you have the same basic set up as the BMS, but with two air restrictions: Where its bent over the throtle body seems to be pinched (from that angle) and next to the timing belt cover.

Not a bad little set up over all realy. Might want to get something to act as a barrier between the AC lines and your filter/CAI pipe. Just as a little extra protection for both.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
looks pretty good. it will be better than the stock one thats for sure. if you want to make it better get rid of the corigated(?) tube and replace it with a smooth tube. the indents in the tubing creat air restriction, friction and unwanted turbulence. you want to try to get the airflow as smooth as possible.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
o i thought it was 269 and it was just a short ram that still sucked the hot air from the engine bay, my bad. but o well mine was free and only took me a couple hours and a saudering iron to make. as for the corrugation im just waitin on my silicone couplings to come in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts