Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when I give it a bit from a standing stop something in the drive train or possibly elsewhere goes rat tat tat tat tat. then the car goes. its not good any ideas what it coul be?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
could it be the tranfer case chain. it happens in 2wd I havent put the car in 4wd cos that would be dumb if there is a problem, the tranfer case is always working right? the oil gets philthy at 10,000km while the front diff oil stays brand new.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright so a Trans Am bloke had the same problem everyone reckons my mounts are stuffed and the axle is hitting something. that is what it sounds like and will explain that the transfer case has a small leak, maybe its because it is spinning dodgy into it. Has anyone had this problem in jimnys. I will check in the morning I think like hopefully that is what it is. its sucks that my tranfer oil seel kas suffered as a consiquence. it would explain whats left tiny bit of wobble left after doing both rear wheel bearings 10000km apart. Its been a tiny bit of wobble. just like the amount alot of people would not notice.
I'll check in the morning. feel free to guess. Come on people take a shot at what the problem is!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts