Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody actually installed a GM LY7 engine in a 07-09 Suzuki Xl7. There is information out there that says it can be done. I am interested in doing this swap but need to know if it has actually been done and what if any parts had to be swapped from the old engine to get it installed. Thanks for any help you can give.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The LY7 is the GM engine code for the XL7 motor. The XL7 motors were built in Japan by Suzuki but were a GM design. These same engines were also found in the Chevy Equinox Sport and Pontiac Torrent GXP. There should be similarities between the XL7 motor and an LY7 but I've never had a chance to see the two side-by-side.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The factory manual I purchased from eBay a few years ago has a separate folder for the engine which is entitled "2006 Cadillac STS 3.6L" and refers to LY7 frequently. Let me know if you need copies.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is an interesting fact

So the Suzuki manual has a supplement that says LY7. If you can send me the pdf I would appreciate it. My truck is still broken. I have been waiting for the winter to end here in NJ so I can check if any of the valves got bent when the chain broke. If they are OK I will just change the chains since the kits are pretty cheap now. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts