Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iam into the tuner or sleeper style and iam 16 its my first car and wonce I get another car to dive iam gonna start lowering I would like to get some tire poke with some offset rims and not knowing much about rims and tires would like some help with figuring out how to get good fitment and what size rims and tires that you suggest. i want to lower it as well but I want to make lowering it as simple as possible cause I dont want to sink money in it just want to drive it and I cant find any shocks coilovers or springs that look like they fit so if you have any knowledge about lowering them and what springs shocks or coilovers and what tires to put please help cause I just want toget into cars fully and iam lost

·
Registered
12,476 Posts
Lowering a tracker? Not something I've ever seen done.

·
Registered
1991 Hardtop 3-door Tracker 1.6L 4WD 5-Speed No A/C
896 Posts
Use the SEARCH function of this FORUM (at the top of this screen). Apparently, it can be done, but there are some big obstacles to overcome. Top of the list are: Are you qualified to do this type of work and have the gear/tools? And how big is your bank account?

·
Super Moderator
26,389 Posts
Welcome to the forum. It’s done primarily by lowering the springs. There are a few hits on the forum, if you search for them although, to be honest, not to many here seem to want to do this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Use the SEARCH function of this FORUM (at the top of this screen). Apparently, it can be done, but there are some big obstacles to overcome. Top of the list are: Are you qualified to do this type of work and have the gear/tools? And how big is your bank account?
Thanks there is a search function on this site! I would never have thought to do that before asking someone who posted a question but has received no answers. So your contribution is to tell me to do the most obvious thing and sound condescending while offering no additional info while assuming i would need to be a qualified mechanic and have an unlimited amount of money. These are the types of answers which make people not want to ask a question. How many times a day are you ready to jump on and let someone know there is a SEARCH button in the FORUM.

·
Registered
12,476 Posts
Unless you have done this before, or have an appropriate qualified person to look the work over, lowering any vehicle can turn into a death trap. Even more so in a vehicle like this with its inherent handling issues as its designed fir lower speeds and off toad conditions.
Unless its done properly by someone experienced in suspension geometry this could go wrong very quickly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Unless you have done this before, or have an appropriate qualified person to look the work over, lowering any vehicle can turn into a death trap. Even more so in a vehicle like this with its inherent handling issues as its designed fir lower speeds and off toad conditions.
Unless its done properly by someone experienced in suspension geometry this could go wrong very quickly.
Thank you for your reply, appreciate it. So lifting it is not a problem but lowering is not a good idea and no one has experience with doing it in this forum. No kits or parts to recommend just stay away from doing it. Thank you because there is no info that I can find for spring kits or smaller shocks.

·
Registered
12,476 Posts
Lowering of 4wd vehicles is rather uncommon and I would almost say 99% want to lift, not lower.

. Lift kits have been produced for moderate lifts with no issues. Theres even extreme kits out there with appropriate control arms and suspension components to undertake this while still keeping handling acceptable. I am not a suspension designer, but as a race driver I know how a simple mis aligned or worn bush can affect geometry producing rather scary results. Even the wrong shock rate affects handling. I know this from unhappy experience on the track after getting tapped and going end for end because I couldn't control the rear stepping out due to selecting the wrong shock for that race.

Go chat to a local custom rod shop or other vehicle fabrication outfit and see what they think. Please don't get into the dangerous practice of cutting springs. Lowering can be done, but needs careful consideration to what happens when the suspension unloads on a bump, all bits need to stay in place, along with what happens in a corner, will it remain balanced? Stay controllable? This is something suspension geometry gurus do for a living.

·
Super Moderator
26,389 Posts
Thanks there is a search function on this site! I would never have thought to do that before asking someone who posted a question but has received no answers. So your contribution is to tell me to do the most obvious thing and sound condescending while offering no additional info while assuming i would need to be a qualified mechanic and have an unlimited amount of money. These are the types of answers which make people not want to ask a question. How many times a day are you ready to jump on and let someone know there is a SEARCH button in the FORUM.
Instead of being so triggered, understand that the response was that there are not many posts on the forum regarding lowering a Tracker, because not many people are interested in lowering them. Not because not many people are interested in searching. When I looked to see if I could find something that would be helpful to you, I found nothing other than a reference to lowering the springs. And nothing that gave any further information. Hence my response. I hope you understand now, and feel better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts