Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So several days ago I've replaced a faulty water pump and changed the engine coolant. Car is operating normal but on a second day I noticed that radiator fans were starting very shortly after ignition (not instantly though, after about a minute, maybe less).

I checked both radiator hoses and the top one is hot and the lower one is almost completely cold. Only part that is warm is about 5cm after an engine connection point (see picture), but even that is not nearly as hot as the top one. Everything looks good on the temperature gauge, no overheating at all. Yesterday I also tried bleeding the coolant system with just regular funnel but there was not much air trapped inside the system.

What could be the problem here?

Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wheel Tread

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, there's been some development. Today I tried bleeding the air on the uphill and there was a set of bubbles coming up every 7-8 seconds or so. After 30 minutes there were still coming up so I stopped it. I've had heating on all that time (on a maximum temperature) and this time it was blowing cold air.

After that I started the car for a ride home and during the ride I was tinkering with the heating system controls. After some trial and error it started blowing really hot air. The temperature gauge was still showing normal levels at this point. I arrived home and stopped the car and turned the key to ignition (but didn't start the car) and voila the temperature gauge is very close to red this time.

At this point I'm thinking faulty thermostat and coolant temperature sensor? I really hope I didn't damage the engine if the temperature was above normal levels all this time and the gauge was not showing it :(

·
Super Moderator
20,007 Posts
When stopping a just ran engine, the temp indication will rise as pump action has stopped and the gauge sensor will heat-soak / temp increase indicate for a bit.

I STILL think that you have not fully air bled the system. ;) Continue to burp, operate, observe and top off the system. It can be a daunting task!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts