Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to reset the low tire pressure sensor/light?
Apparently, this comes on every time a tire or wheel is removed from the vehicle, as when rotating the tires.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anyone know how to reset the low tire pressure sensor/light?
Apparently, this comes on every time a tire or wheel is removed from the vehicle, as when rotating the tires.
I had mine come on twice and soon as I got my ties to the correct pressure it went off.. You may want to check the tires pressure....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
low tire pressure monitor light

I never had a low tire pressure problem; my light came on after rotating the tires. It will not go off even when over inflating the tires. I called ny dealor who said I must bring it to them to have the light reset. and there would be a service charge.

I really think there must be a way for the owner to reset this light based on a previous experience with this dealor who said the truck must be brought to them to have the transmission fluid level checked. After some diligent looking, I found out how to check the transmission myself.

Has anyone else run across this tire pressure monitor problem?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ive rotated my tires myself 3 times on my 09 Extended Cab 4 cyl (2 front to 2 back same side) and have never had this light come on.

From the Nissan Frontier (same truck as Equator) forum:

"If you do not have a scan tool this system will automatically reset itself after setting the correct placard pressure and driving for about 10 minutes."

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well it looks like I finally solved the problem. I'm posting this in case anyone else has the same trouble I did. I was seriously about to drop $600 to fix this issue and thanks to someone over in the Nissan/Infiniti forum I fixed it myself! It's a convoluted way to hack into the truck's computer and put the TPMS into "learn" mode. This method worked on the FIRST TRY. I can't believe it! I was so happy I could have jumped for joy. I've driven the truck for 3 days now and the light has NOT come back on. Here's a link to the steps. Follow them exactly!

Reset TPMS Warning By Yourself - IT WORKS!!! - Nissan Frontier Forum

1 - 6 of 6 Posts