Suzuki Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well, replaced the IAC with a low mileage used one. Works better but still idles weird. Anyone have the specs to test the TPS, coolant temp sensor, and the coil packs?

I would buy a manual but money is non-existent.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just picked up a 2000 Chevy Tracker myself ($2000 for one with 74,000 miles. woot!) and it is doing the same thing. It's fine when I'm actually moving, but it drops really low when I'm stopped (500RPM or so). With mine though, if I turn on the AC it drops the RPMs down to the point where it starts stalling.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I just picked up a 2000 Chevy Tracker myself ($2000 for one with 74,000 miles. woot!) and it is doing the same thing. It's fine when I'm actually moving, but it drops really low when I'm stopped (500RPM or so). With mine though, if I turn on the AC it drops the RPMs down to the point where it starts stalling.
Turns out to be the fuel pressure regulator. Pull the vacuum line after running for a while, any gas in there and your regulator is bad.

·
Registered
1 Posts
May be ignition timing as well. If it slipped (retarded direction), the idle and throttle response will suffer.

Curious. Have you replaced the timing belt or chain (which ever you have) and is the crank pulley in good shape and bolted TIGHTLY?

I'd rule out the fuel filter as being partially restricted / a problem IF your upper RPM's with vehicle at speed are OKAY.

Hi Max, just came across your post, I recently had my timing chain replaced as well as fuel injectors flushed in '99 Grand Vitara 2.5L. now, it's stalling after warmed up and clutch in... Not sure if it's related to the clean injectors or crank pulley. Any thoughts greatly appreciated

·
Super Moderator
17,906 Posts
First, cycle thru several starts, cool-downs and drives to allow the computer to relearn. ;)

21 - 25 of 25 Posts