Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a low idle after replacing both my o2s. No new codes. It stalled on my once when starting out too. Situation hasn't improved with some good miles on the it either. Thoughts?
I replaced the o2s because I had a code for the rear o2 and just played it safe and replaced the pair. 134K and I'm sure they are due anyway.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is a wild guess but is it possible a throttle body calibration needs to be performed (if you had the battery disconnected)? Here's what the manual says:

Precautions of Electric Throttle Body System
Calibration
S7RW0C1100006 After performing one of works described below, it is
necessary to re-register the completely closed throttle valve reference position stored in memory of ECM. (For detailed information, refer to “Description of Electric Throttle Body System Calibration”.) For the procedure to register such data in ECM, refer to “Electric Throttle Body System Calibration in Section 1C”.
• To shut off backup power of ECM for such purposes of battery replacement or “DOME” fuse removal.
• To erase DTCs P0607, P0122, P0123, P0222, P0223, P2101, P2102, P2103, P2111, P2119, P2122, P2123, P2127, P2128, P2135 and/or P2138.
• To replace ECM.
• To replace throttle body and/or APP sensor assembly.

I've had the battery disconnected many times, one time for for months, without any problem but maybe something got corrupted in your case.

-G

·
Registered
11 Posts
I did have the battery disconnected. Corrupted in the case, meaning the ECM?
Meaning the closed throttle value that the ECM memorizes may have been corrupted. It can be very simply relearned by following the simple calibration procedure on page 1C-4 of the manual:

Electric Throttle Body System Calibration S7RW0C1306003

NOTE

If the service described under the “Precautions of Electric Throttle Body System Calibration in Section 1A” is performed, calibrate electric throttle body system as follows.

1) If electric throttle body assembly and/or APP sensor assembly are replaced, perform the following steps.
a) Disconnect negative cable at battery for 20 seconds or more for the purpose of clearing calibration data of closed throttle position from memory in ECM.
b) Connect negative cable to battery.
2) Keep ignition switch at ON position for 5 seconds or more without running engine.

Just make sure you don't press on the pedal at ant time during the calibration and make sure both the pedal and throttle body are cleanly returning to their rest positions before performing the cal.

-G

1 - 6 of 6 Posts