Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was wondering if anyone knows how to remove the low beams (H7's) from the parking lights. I want to install some lights where my fog lights would be located and run them to my parking lights, but I don't want the low beams on. Any suggestions on this, I really don't want to go out a buy a service manual if someone knows how to do it!

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
driver side kick panel. it's probably 4 inches above the bottom of the kick panel. there's a blue connector. its a pain in the butt to get off, but it comes out. theres a sticky thread in here somewhere about it

·
Registered
223 Posts
your lights should come with a long enough wire to run to the parking light wires. get some flow through connectors where you just bite into the power without cutting any factory wires. Unless you want to bite into the factory ground i would ground it to the car body somewhere close to the light. this is of course if you want them to come on every time you turn on your lights. if not run them through a toggle switch.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
look behind your headlight assembly and see if there are 3 wires connected to the corner markers.

if there are only 2, then there is a module that cuts the power to make em flash.

on my mirage, there were 3 wires. one would ground the other to prevent the electricity to go to ground via through the bulb.

if there are only 2, then i'd wire a switch and fuse to the fogs and you can have them on or off whenever you want.

·
Registered
223 Posts
My thoughts exactly. i would bite into the park lights at the light connection and probably back to a toggle switch to be able to control them as a part of the park lights. or you could just run a hot feed from the battery to a toggle switch to control them independently all together.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
boao2k2 said:
My thoughts exactly. i would bite into the park lights at the light connection and probably back to a toggle switch to be able to control them as a part of the park lights. or you could just run a hot feed from the battery to a toggle switch to control them independently all together.
yea I think that's what I'm gonna do. I'll just hook them up independently and use a toggle switch. I really just want to hook them up to the parking lights so I don't have to worry about another switch, but I also don't want to screw anything up. I'm thinking a great spot for the toggle switch is right by the dash light dimmer. Does anyone know how to remove that little panel so I can drill holes and make connections?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
been there and done that. get butter knife. pry it off. i put a rocker switch in and i have plans for its use, but it isn't wired up yet. it looks as if it came stock :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts