Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

Yesterday my car started making this loud popping noise when making a sharp left turn. The popping doesn't happen often, I have to really take a curve sharply to make it pop, and even then it doesn't happen every time.

The wheel isn't loose and when the mechanic checked the CV joint and struts everything seems fine.

Any thoughts on what it could be?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Hi!

Yesterday my car started making this loud popping noise when making a sharp left turn. The popping doesn't happen often, I have to really take a curve sharply to make it pop, and even then it doesn't happen every time.

The wheel isn't loose and when the mechanic checked the CV joint and struts everything seems fine.

Any thoughts on what it could be?

Thanks!
How did the mechanic check the CV? only way is a road test.
its usually a sign of a dying CV, if you're at full lock, apply power while making a turn you get one or 2 pops? it will get worse as it wears until turning will make a heap of popping noises.
If its random, then it can be suspension bushes, but as you say its doing it in a sharp curve i'd be thinking CV joint. Drive it and see if it gets worse, they don't fail catastrophically 99.9% of the times, they just get very noisy until they are clicking and popping in a straight line, if it gets that bad then you're deaf.

·
Super Moderator
12,566 Posts
A good place to start would be by telling us exactly what car you're driving...

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Check the inside of your cv boots.
and what are you looking for apart from heaps of grease? I can tell you my CV boots are rubber on the inside and have ribs in them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts