Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: I have this (rattle, whining, shatters) noise in 2nd gear after 3,000 rpms the noise is there in 3rd 4th and 5th. the noise is only there when applying gas, stops a soon as you let off the gas pedal. doesn't do it at all in first. does anyone know what this could be? bearing in the tranny? transfer case maybe? rear diff? Anybody has experienced this in their Sami please help me out. Thanks.

·
Registered
264 Posts
bearing in the tranny? transfer case maybe? rear diff?
Sure, it could be any of those. Where does it sound like its coming from? You may not be hearing it it in first, as the drivetrain isn't spinning fast enough for whatever is going wrong. Does it do it in low range? Have you checked your U-jounits? Have you checked all the fluid levels? Any metal in the trans/transfer/differential?
The tranmission is direct drive in 4th gear, so, most transmission bearing noise will be less in direct.
Check out the other things and get back to us.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure, it could be any of those. Where does it sound like its coming from? You may not be hearing it it in first, as the drivetrain isn't spinning fast enough for whatever is going wrong. Does it do it in low range? Have you checked your U-jounits? Have you checked all the fluid levels? Any metal in the trans/transfer/differential?
The transmission is direct drive in 4th gear, so, most transmission bearing noise will be less in direct.
Check out the other things and get back to us.
Replaced oil on tranny and transfer case the oil was dirty but no metal, now I need to check the diff. I also replaced the input shaft seal on the transfer case and checked and greased the u-joints and drive shaft.
I'm still hearing the noise I have a tin-top and I know with the poor and lack of insulation inside I can hear everything. :( It just don't sound right, but it drives and shifts good. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts